BOA Austin 2018

Time to make a thread for literally every other Texas BOA Regional!

As of May 8, 2018

Belton H.S., TX*

Carroll Senior H.S., TX

Cedar Park H.S., TX*

Cedar Ridge H.S., TX

Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX*

Cuero H.S., TX

James Bowie H.S., TX*

John Paul Stevens H.S., TX

Lake Travis H.S., TX*

Leander H.S., TX*

Pflugerville H.S., TX*

Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX*

Round Rock H.S., TX

Rouse H.S., TX

The Ann Richards School for Young Women Leaders, TX

Vandegrift H.S., TX*

Veterans Memorial H.S., TX*

Vista Ridge H.S., TX

Wagner H.S., TX

Weiss H.S., TX*

Westwood H.S., TX*

Winston Churchill H.S., TX*

*Denotes a band registered for the Sunday Director Clinic

One think I noticed, Is that Cedar Park & Vandegrift are signed up for a ton of BOA contests, Vista and Leander seems to be signed for less.  I wonder what the advantages/disadvantages are full going to a ton of BOA's.

I think Cedar Park is just taking advantage of the fact that it is not a State year for them.  Vista and Leander seem to be posed more for focusing on state and less on BOA this year, but I could be wrong about that.  Vandy may be trying to ride the wave of their success last year and hoping to medal at every BOA they enter and at UIL as well.  And I believe that they can do just that!

Any finalist predictions yet? This one will be interesting to compare to Waco. Upper half seems to be just a little tougher to acheive, but Waco looks like it has a stronger list overall. I'm so excited for this season.

If you ask me Itll probably be the same as last year, but westwood could suprise the field.

Just to remind everyone what last year looked like:

85.05 - Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX

82.25 - Vandegrift H.S., TX

81.95 - Round Rock H.S., TX

81.90 - Leander H.S., TX

80.30 - Cedar Park H.S., TX

78.40 - Cedar Ridge H.S., TX

77.45 - Hendrickson H.S., TX

75.65 - Winston Churchill H.S., TX

75.00 - James Bowie H.S., TX

73.65 - Vista Ridge H.S., TX

This is too stacked. 11 bands that seriously could make GN Finals are here at Austin. As somebody who is a little bit out of the band world now, I have no Idea how this could even go.

(oh, and only 10 get in)

Cedar Park H.S., TX*
Cedar Ridge H.S., TX

James Bowie H.S., TX*

Leander H.S., TX*
Round Rock H.S., TX
Vandegrift H.S., TX*
Vista Ridge H.S., TX
Westwood H.S., TX*

This is too stacked. 11 bands that seriously could make GN Finals are here at Austin. As somebody who is a little bit out of the band world now, I have no Idea how this could even go.

(oh, and only 10 get in)

Cedar Park H.S., TX*

Cedar Ridge H.S., TX

James Bowie H.S., TX*

Leander H.S., TX*

Round Rock H.S., TX

Vandegrift H.S., TX*

Vista Ridge H.S., TX

Westwood H.S., TX*

I've never seen Hendrickson referred to by it's full name haha.

• 3 months later...

Schedule via someone on another site. I’m guessing it’s accurate because I have no reason to believe otherwise, but I don’t know where they got the info!

9:30 Sandra Day O'Connor H.S., TX

9:45 New Braunfels H.S., TX

10:00 Vista Ridge H.S., TX

10:15 Cedar Park H.S., TX

10:30 Cedar Ridge H.S., TX

10:45 Wagner H.S., TX

11:00 John Paul Stevens H.S., TX

11:15 Carroll Senior H.S., TX

11:30 The Ann Richards School For Young Women Leaders, TX

11:45 Lunch

12:30 James Bowie H.S., TX

12:45 Rouse H.S., TX

1:00 Leander H.S., TX

1:15 Veterans Memorial H.S., TX

1:30 Hendrickson H.S., TX

1:45 Vandegrift H.S., TX

2:00 Belton H.S., TX

2:15 Winston Churchill H.S., TX

2:30 Break

3:00 Round Rock H.S., TX

3:15 Cuero H.S., TX

3:30 Lake Travis H.S., TX

3:45 Westwood H.S., TX

4:00 Pflugerville H.S., TX

4:15 Weiss H.S., TX

4:30 Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX

4:45 Texas State University (Exhibition)

5:00 Prelims Awards Ceremony

Tough draw for SDOC and New Braunfels. Both good programs, but going so early and right before Vista and both Cedars wont be easy.

True!

The whole schedule looks interesting. Last year they pretty much put all of LISD together in the afternoon block. This year we are all spread out.

And Jeremiah will get his wish. Fewer bands this year means a later start time, and we don’t have to get up before dawn! :D

You make me so proud.

Band entrance and exit are flipped this year.  Bands are entering through the south entrance (Right of the audience) and exiting through the north entrance (Left of the audience). I believe McNeil H.S. is hosting this event again which means one thing.............

BUSH'S CHICKEN TENDER ROOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You make me so proud.

Band entrance and exit are flipped this year.  Bands are entering through the south entrance (Right of the audience) and exiting through the north entrance (Left of the audience). I believe McNeil H.S. is hosting this event again which means one thing.............

BUSH'S CHICKEN TENDER ROOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super sad about not being able to make this competition, but there's sacrifices for getting payed to march at football games for college as expected. Bush's tender rolls just adds another reason for me to be sad on the list. Luckily, a Bush's somehow got to Abilene, so I still might be able to watch some of the stream with tender rolls in hand and I'll just pretend like I'm there during my break between rehearsal and the call time for the game.

You make me so proud.

Band entrance and exit are flipped this year. Bands are entering through the south entrance (Right of the audience) and exiting through the north entrance (Left of the audience). I believe McNeil H.S. is hosting this event again which means one thing.............

Well I learned from the best! :D

Interesting that they are changing the entrance and exit of bands. I wonder if it’s because the huge group picture taking set up was always a bit in the way of car parking and the ticket booth. Now they can set that huge contraption up on the other side where the busses park! Or are they also reversing the side that the spectators park and enter from?!