My “going out on a limb” 2018 Fall Predictions...

I would love to see Richland at a BOA contest, but I didnt think they were going?

We all know roughly the top 15 or so bands but the ones that are always more exciting for me to watch are the bands that place in that next 5-10 places and making a push for finals. I am watching for Westwood, Wylie, Coppell, Wakeland, Seven Lakes, and Keller Central to be the biggest improvements/ surprises this next year.

Also, I totally agree about Hebron. They are going to be great this year, I can just feel it. I also think that they are out best chance at getting the eagle back in the near future (and they were so close back in 2015!)

I would love to see Richland at a BOA contest, but I didnt think they were going?

We all know roughly the top 15 or so bands but the ones that are always more exciting for me to watch are the bands that place in that next 5-10 places and making a push for finals. I am watching for Westwood, Wylie, Coppell, Wakeland, Seven Lakes, and Keller Central to be the biggest improvements/ surprises this next year.

Also, I totally agree about Hebron. They are going to be great this year, I can just feel it. I also think that they are out best chance at getting the eagle back in the near future (and they were so close back in 2015!)

Oh that’s right, Richland will probably not be at BOA events. Bummer. I wish we could see more of them. Did they move up to 6A this year by chance?

I was going to say Coppell as a surprise band but for some reason I got to thinking they often made finals. I think I am confusing some regional competitions with the super regional.

This could be Hebron’s year to take San Antonio and 6A state. And GN next year perhaps? I can’t wait to see what Texas bands head to Indy in 2019. It could be a (not so) hostile takeover. :)

Its great seeing Seven Lakes doing so well. It seems only a few years ago they were barely cracking area finals and now they're in contention for San Antonio finals!

Its great seeing Seven Lakes doing so well. It seems only a few years ago they were barely cracking area finals and now they're in contention for San Antonio finals!

I'M CRYING WE'RE BEING NOTICED

also thank you so much for the kind words i'm very excited for next season in terms of us and how other bands will perform!!!!!!!

also thank you so much for the kind words i'm very excited for next season in terms of us and how other bands will perform!!!!!!!

Oh for sure! The moment I heard yalls first hit at Friendswood in 16, ive been a huge fan.

Thank you so much! Really pushing for state this year using the momentum we've gotten from the past couple seasons. I'll give ya'll updates as soon as I'm allowed to :)

I cant see yall missing this year.

Oh that’s right, Richland will probably not be at BOA events. Bummer. I wish we could see more of them. Did they move up to 6A this year by chance?

I was going to say Coppell as a surprise band but for some reason I got to thinking they often made finals. I think I am confusing some regional competitions with the super regional.

This could be Hebron’s year to take San Antonio and 6A state. And GN next year perhaps? I can’t wait to see what Texas bands head to Indy in 2019. It could be a (not so) hostile takeover. :)

Richland has moved up to 6A.

Certainly made an impression last year. Very cool and entertaining show and really look forward to seeing how you grow moving onward. Keep up the great work!

• 2 months later...

Oh my goodness I completely forgot about Bowie. And I LOVE Bowie!!

They just announced their theme for the fall and I know Floridly Primordial will be just fantastic! I see Bowie in the top half of finals all season long. This will be a superb BOA season for them I’m guessing. I also see them in the bottom half of UIL finals. They’re too artsy for UIL most likely.

No love for dripping springs?? :)

Richland is gradually starting to get back to events such as BOA SA, but its been a rebuilding product with great results finishing with last season with a top 10 state finish. They did not expect to have to go back to 6A but there it is and you have to just prepare and perform with what you do best. Richland was in 6A (Old 5A) before and did well in our regional/area events and even in BOA SA, but like other schools the competition has gotten better and had to change direction for the better, even marching smaller (quality vs quantity) which has worked well. Were excited for this season and we will never be considered  in the class with the bigger schools but we will surprise some people and honor to be even mentioned occasionally, cause I know there are many schools that will never be mentioned or talked about and that's a shame cause all band kids work hard and deserve some recognition.  

I'm watching out for Richland. I think they will be one of a few bands fighting for the last spot to state in Area B.

I'm thinking it will be Keller, LD Bell, Haltom, Coppell, Waxahachie, Richland, Duncanville, Keller Central, Prosper, Plano East, Timber Creek... in roughly that order.

I think that sounds about right, too....the Richland/Duncanville/KC/Prosper/PE/TC group will be a dogfight. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cedar Ridge will do something that looks like a Broadway production and they will be top 5 at regional BOA events.

As an alumni, I can confirm that the show very much leans on the production aspect, in the best way possible. Lots of character work and different emotions being conveyed. And also some cool recognizable tunes in the show that people are really gonna jam to. The show is one of the coolest I've seen the band put out so far, (I mean heck, it's got me jealous) and the kids have the potential to do great things with it.

As an alumni, I can confirm that the show very much leans on the production aspect, in the best way possible. Lots of character work and different emotions being conveyed. And also some cool recognizable tunes in the show that people are really gonna jam to. The show is one of the coolest I've seen the band put out so far, (I mean heck, it's got me jealous) and the kids have the potential to do great things with it.

They are definitely on the cusp of greatness!