BOA Dallas/Ft Worth

Yeah it’s so odd. Beats me why they pulled out, maybe back to back BOA was too much??

No clue. I have zero inside information on this.  The SATs are the same day as this contest.  There might have been a situation where a lot of kiddos signed up for that day.  It's definitely a bummer to not see them at this contest. 

Prelims Schedule

7:15 TBA

7:30 Poteet

7:45 Forney

8:00 Liberty

8:15 The Colony

8:30 Timber Creek

8:45 Aledo

9:00 Keller Central 

Break

9:45 LD Bell

10:00 Rick Reedy

10:15 McKinney Boyd

10:30 Coppell

10:45 Waxahachie

11:00 Flower Mound

11:15 Lone Star

11:30 Duncanville

Lunch

12:30 Krum

12:45 Lewisville

1:00 Wylie

1:15 McKinney

1:30 Sherman

1:45 Prosper

2:00 Union

2:15 Byron Nelson

Break

3:00 Wakeland

3:15 Celina

3:30 Keller

3:45 Trinity

4:00 James Martin

4:15 Cedar Park

4:30 Hebron

Prelims Schedule

7:15 TBA

7:30 Poteet

7:45 Forney

8:00 Liberty

8:15 The Colony

8:30 Timber Creek

8:45 Aledo

9:00 Keller Central

Break

9:45 LD Bell

10:00 Rick Reedy

10:15 McKinney Boyd

10:30 Coppell

10:45 Waxahachie

11:00 Flower Mound

11:15 Lone Star

11:30 Duncanville

Lunch

12:30 Krum

12:45 Lewisville

1:00 Wylie

1:15 McKinney

1:30 Sherman

1:45 Prosper

2:00 Union

2:15 Byron Nelson

Break

3:00 Wakeland

3:15 Celina

3:30 Keller

3:45 Trinity

4:00 James Martin

4:15 Cedar Park

4:30 Hebron

That 2nd block is looking pretty tasty :)

Just watched videos of waxahachie and poteet. I was impressed with how developed poteet's show is since the video was from Aug 31. I don't think they will make finals here, especially with their early slot, but they might surprise some of the other bubble bands. I don't think their show or sound has enough growth potential, but right now they look good. Waxahachie has a pretty complex show design between all of the props and a large color guard but their sound isnt really there yet, but this of course is an early video. We will see what happens.

If Waxahachie can clean it up (which I very much think they will) I think they can make DFW finals and have a chance to advance to state.

Coppell has impressed me a lot so far this year, a definite improvement over last year. They were quite good in 2016 but a super early performance time at DFW screwed them out of a finals spot. And last year they squeezed through by tying with Timber Creek. This year will be better, hopefully they will have more show on the field :P.

So far not a fan of what Bell has got going on this year but they are probably not going anywhere.

Seen/heard a few things about Timber Creek this year and they are still severely underrated. So excited to see them shock people this season.

Also, I saw a video of Keller playing a small part of their show on their twitter page. Truly impressive.

• 2 weeks later...

Has Keller ever medaled at a BOA event? I feel like they probably have in the past, but I know they havent since 2010. I was just thinking that with Marcus not attending, the opportunity might be there for Keller to pick up their first medal. It's slim, with Cedar Park, Union, LD Bell, and others fighting them for that spot, but possible.

Has Keller ever medaled at a BOA event? I feel like they probably have in the past, but I know they havent since 2010. I was just thinking that with Marcus not attending, the opportunity might be there for Keller to pick up their first medal. It's slim, with Cedar Park, Union, LD Bell, and others fighting them for that spot, but possible.

I looked through some results from the past and they made San Antonio finals in 2008-2010. During that same time they competed on and off at the local BOA regional and made finals in 2010, 2011, and 2013. They didn’t make finals at either BOA event in 2014 but made 6A State finals. Starting in 2015, they have made finals at every contest they attended, which includes BOA San Antonio every year and also Grand Nationals in 2015. They have never medaled at a BOA competition.

Totally think it’s a possibility for them to medal at this competition but It will be tough considering they usually peak very late, usually at the last few competitons. I’ve never been so excited for this competition, the difficulty to get into finals is insane.

I usually prefer their shows to Cedar Park and LD Bell but you can’t deny the level of execution that Bell brings to the first competition that usually puts them on top early on. From what I’ve seen though, this might be the year where Keller finally beats Bell at this competition ;)

Has Keller ever medaled at a BOA event?

Yes, well, sort of... No, not really... In 1998 Keller medaled as a Class Champion at the BOA Houston Regional but an error in classification was discovered between Prelims and Finals. It moved them up a class. The kids were good sports about it and gave back their medals so the smaller band could have them. But Keller was one pissed off band during their Finals performance. Those kids are in their mid 30's now and it still comes up occasionally in conversation.

Edit: My mistake, this happened in 1998. Not 1999, as I originally posted.