BOA Dallas/Ft Worth

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty strong indication that cedar park and union (ok) will be attending dfw which is super exciting- shaping up to be a stacked lineup. I think duncanville’s coming back, too, which is promising after a disappointing showing last year. Anyone know if haltom is planning on making their long awaited return?

Haltom isn’t attending

Duncanville High School will return to the DFW BOA Regional. We are very happy with last year's results. After a 24 year absence, to finish where we did going on 2nd in the morning at a VERY difficult regional we were thrilled. We are excited about our new design team, show concept, our restart of a colorguard in addition to our High Hats (drill team) and us having a later performance slot with a new uniform. Our band family is excited to be another great version of ourselves.

With Duncanville changing drill and music coordinators to Wayne Downey (Blue Devils Music Arranger) and Alan Spaeth (same drill designer Flower Mound uses), and switching to new more modern uniforms, 2018 will likely be a big step forward for Duncanville considering they're always significantly stronger on state years compared to non state years.

I remember watching Duncanville warming up in 2012 before a BOA event and thinking “dang this band is good!!”. They did not participate but were hosting. Every band has a high standard to uphold in north DFW. Duncanville has always risen to the occasion. I am looking forward to seeing their show this year. I am sure it will be incredible.

With Duncanville changing drill and music coordinators to Wayne Downey (Blue Devils Music Arranger) and Alan Spaeth (same drill designer Flower Mound uses), and switching to new more modern uniforms, 2018 will likely be a big step forward for Duncanville considering they're always significantly stronger on state years compared to non state years.

I wish them well.  Looking at the recap from the DFW regional last year, they were 24th our of 26 bands in visual performance.  Hopefully the execution will rise to match the improved design.

Here are the bands attending

Aledo H.S., TX*
Byron Nelson H.S., TX
Cedar Park H.S., TX
Celina H.S., TX
Coppell H.S., TX*
Duncanville H.S., TX
Flower Mound H.S., TX
Hebron H.S., TX*
James Martin H.S., TX
Keller Central H.S., TX*
Keller H.S., TX*
Krum H.S., TX
L.D. Bell H.S., TX
Lewisville H.S., TX
Liberty H.S., TX
Lone Star H.S., TX
Marcus H.S., TX
McKinney Boyd H.S., TX*
McKinney H.S., TX
Prosper H.S., TX
Rick Reedy H.S., TX
Sachse H.S., TX
Sherman H.S., TX
The Colony H.S., TX
Timber Creek H.S., TX*
Trinity H.S., TX*
Union H.S., OK
Wakeland H.S., TX*
Waxahachie H.S., TX*
Wylie H.S., TX*

Early guess...

1-3: Hebron, Flower Mound, Marcus (any order is possible)

4-6: Keller, Union, Cedar Park (ditto)

7-10 and top bubble (in no particular order): L.D. Bell, Coppell, Prosper, Duncanville, James Martin, Timber Creek, Wakeland, Waxahachie - this will be crazy competitive for finals

If I've left anyone out that should be mentioned, please forgive me.

All five LISD programs at the same BOA for the first time in eons. Glad to see the colony back, I assume their strong finish at HEB last year put a bit of pep in their step. The unbelievable growth in the colony lately makes me think we might see some proportional growth in their band program, but that could just be wishful thinking.

It’ll be interesting to see where Wylie ends up after making a splash at SA last year. Really strong contest this year. LD Bell out of top half of finals for the first time in literal decades seems likely which is nuts.

Locks:

Marcus

Hebron

Flowermound

Union

LD Bell

Keller

Cedar Park

Waxahachie

Competing for last 2 spots:

Keller Central

Prosper

Coppell

Timber Creek

The Colony

Wakeland

Wylie

Duncanville

Locks:

Marcus

Hebron

Flowermound

Union

LD Bell

Keller

Cedar Park

Waxahachie

Competing for last 2 spots:

Keller Central

Prosper

Coppell

Timber Creek

The Colony

Wakeland

Wylie

Duncanville

I think I'd switch out Waxahachie for Coppell. They did pretty well in 2016 and 17.

• 3 months later...