Photo

This Channelview HS band bus crash is a parent’s worst nightmare...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:42 PM

My heart is heavy for parents who are just waiting for word that their child is ok after that horrendous crash this morning on I 10 in Alabama. The pictures alone are terrifying. Those poor kids. How horrific that must’ve been for them. Lots of severe injuries no doubt. And casualties I’m certain. Makes my heart hurt fiercely! These are the things band mommas and daddies try not to think about, but always worry about in the backs of our minds. 😔
Each day is a gift. That’s why it’s called “the present.”

#2 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

A friend of mine from Leander knew some pretty interesting details about the crash.  The bus driver had some sort of medical crisis before the crash and was unconscious.  The bus left the road and crossed the median into oncoming traffic.  The band director jumped up and steered the bus out of the path of a tractor trailer and then the bus went into the ravine where it went airborne, landed on it's front end, and then rolled onto it's side.  The band director sustained pretty significant injuries in order to save his kids and was the last to be freed from the wreckage. 

That man is a hero.   :wub:

Each day is a gift. That’s why it’s called “the present.”

#3 Mash

Mash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:12 PM

A friend of mine from Leander knew some pretty interesting details about the crash.  The bus driver had some sort of medical crisis before the crash and was unconscious.  The bus left the road and crossed the median into oncoming traffic.  The band director jumped up and steered the bus out of the path of a tractor trailer and then the bus went into the ravine where it went airborne, landed on it's front end, and then rolled onto it's side.  The band director sustained pretty significant injuries in order to save his kids and was the last to be freed from the wreckage. 

That man is a hero.   :wub:

He is, wow what a story.   Heart breaking situation for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users