Photo

I'm going to create a directory of sorts...

TxBands Directory

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#41 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:51 PM

Is there another update you can do to this at all LeanderMomma?

James Madison H.S Class of 2020

Trombone player

2016 - EnLIGHTened

2017 - Nocturnal Creature

2018 - The Ascent

2019 - Under Construction

I love weather and music. Hot and steamy summers combined with marching rehearsal = heaven!

#42 josephbandfan

josephbandfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationKeller, Tx

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:04 PM

Wow I just found this. 

Joseph - Keller (2013-2017) - Brother Clarinet (2017-2021)

Never joining band has been my greatest regret in high school  :( I even follow dci and marching band more than my brother and some of my band friends xD

#43 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:02 PM

Wow I just found this.
Joseph - Keller (2013-2017) - Brother Clarinet (2017-2021)
Never joining band has been my greatest regret in high school :( I even follow dci and marching band more than my brother and some of my band friends xD

Its quite amazing isn't it?

Trombone player

2016 - EnLIGHTened

2018 - The Ascent

I love weather and music. Hot and steamy summers combined with marching rehearsal = heaven!

#44 PSHSMom

PSHSMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:34 PM

Guess I will do this, hopefully I can meet some people in San Antonio this year (at least I hope to be there)!! 

PESHMom - Lynn,  mom of Plano East alumni son(clarinet),  2012 - 2014,    Plano Senior daughter alumni (clarinet) - 2014-2016,  and a current Clark HS son (clarinet) who will go to Plano Senior 2019-2021. 

They changed our school boundary lines, hence the younger two went or are going to a different Senior High School.

I too am a former Clarinet (and Saxophone) player from Wisconsin, but I moved to Texas in 1988 with my job.  Although I came from a very successful band program back in Wisconsin
(which I am sad to say is no longer the case), I am continually amazed at the level of talent that Texas puts out in their band programs.  Of course, there was a little bit of sticker shock too
for my first band meeting and the fees I had to pay as well, LOL.    

#45 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:50 AM

Hi Lynn! Thank you for contributing. I’ll get the directory updated ASAP!
Each day is a gift. That’s why it’s called “the present.”

#46 AllenBandDad

AllenBandDad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

AllenBandDad - real name is Chris. I'm father to an Allen alum son (tuba and drum major) who is now a music major at Texas Tech and in the Goin' Band, and a junior daughter (bass clarinet). I'm a part of the "Pit Bulls" team (loaders, unloaders, builders, etc.), and my wife is the uniform coordinator. She and I are both alums of the Crowley High band in the 80s.

#47 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:31 PM

How in the world are y'all able to run those Operations with over 700 kids to deal with?

Trombone player

2016 - EnLIGHTened

2018 - The Ascent

#48 AllenBandDad

AllenBandDad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:02 PM

How in the world are y'all able to run those Operations with over 700 kids to deal with?

It takes a village :lol:

For home games, it's not too difficult, since the stadium is next to the school.  We'll have about 20 Pit Bulls and 20 parent volunteers at those games.  The Pit Bulls handle moving non-instrument equipment, water, snacks, and generally any other "grunt" work.  The parent volunteers handle things more directly involving the kids (i.e. chaperones).  With 700+ kids in the stands, the band directors need more eyes and ears.

For away games and contests, we have more Pit Bulls and volunteers.  There are two parent volunteers on each of the 15-16 buses, and 30 or so Pit Bulls.  Up to this year, we've used 4 27-foot trucks to carry instruments and props, plus a 10-foot truck for water, snacks, plume cases, and other miscellaneous stuff.  We should have 2 new semi trailers starting this year.  We also send a couple of advance scouts early in the day to wherever we are going. They work with the facility to block off space for all of the buses and truck unloading, and to rope off the band area in the stands before the Allen fan crowd arrives.  They direct the bus and truck caravan in and out, so we avoid having 20+ vehicle drivers trying to guess where to go.

#49 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:42 PM

They must be deafening in the stands.

Trombone player

2016 - EnLIGHTened

2018 - The Ascent

#50 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:14 PM

Directory has been updated again.   :)

#51 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:26 AM

Most recent directory update: 7/17/18 3:10 pm.

Forum Name RL Name School/Job

LeanderMomma Cindy LHS mom; flute daughter '13 - ‘17

Xenon Daniel Sanchez Duncanville alumni/TXB staff

Danpod Daniel Valdez Churchill alumni/TXB staff

Mash Dave Vista Ridge Dad; daughter played clarinet and did CG; son in MS band

BandDad84 Ric CTJ Dad ('11 - '15)

LastChoirGuy David Keller brother (graduated in 2012--sister in Keller band 04-06)

LKendrick Landry TXB Moderator (current grad student)

Samuel Culper same Vista Ridge dad

RudeDog34 Mike Hendrickson dad; daughter plays sax

Takigan Brandon Georgetown HS band alumni/Cypress area private lesson teacher/TXB staff

Dog885 Josh pit @ Anderson (‘16 - ‘20)

MadisonBandMan1 Cody trombone @ James Madison (‘16 - ‘20)

Herbaflerb **** Cedar Ridge band student

HardCoreBandFan. **** Dripping Springs dad

ScoobyDoo Mindy RR mom of 3 band grads

SpartanMarcher Will Porter alto/bari sax (“17 - ‘21)

J-Mike Jon-Michael Lumberton sax (‘15 - ‘19)

TWHSParent Michael The Woodlands pit dad

JosephBandFan Joseph Keller brother (graduated in '17); brother plays clarinet ('17 - '21)

Babar56 Bobby Richland dad; boys graduated in '11 & '15

(still drives the big rig!)

BrewersGrill2319 Dylan CTJ French horn/class of '19

PESHmom Lynn Plano East mom; son played clarinet ('12 - '14); also had clarinet daughter at

Plano Senior ('14 - '16) & another clarinet son who will attend Plano Senior in '19

AllenBandDad Chris Allen "Pit Bulls" dad; son played tuba & was a DM (now @ Texas Tech); daughter plays bass clarinet (graduates in '20)

bumping for those who need a name refresher before BOA Austin!

#52 Bandmomx4

Bandmomx4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:09 PM

Just saw this- 

Bandmomx4- Julie- Mom to 4 band kids- I did Choir in Highschool and no one wanted to follow and do choir. :( lol!

Son- Tuba- Edmond North High (oklahoma) 2013-2016

Daughter 1- Clarinet- Edmond North 2014-2015 and TWHS 2016-2018- graduated last year.

Daughter 2- Clarinet- TWHS 2017-2021- sophomore this year

Daughter 3- Flute or Color Guard (starting next season as a freshman)

#53 azn

azn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Marching Band World

Posted 13 October 2018 - 07:37 PM

My name is Grayson. I'm a Lloyd V. Berkner Alumnus Class of 2016. I played Clarinet and Bass Clarinet but I now additionally play Piano, Steel Drums and Alto Saxophone

Name: Grayson

Instruments: Soprano Bb Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Oboe in Training

Twitter: aznclairnetkid, aznclarinetkid, graysontong

Major: Audio Engineering, Something in Music, and Electronic Engineering.

L.V. Berkner High School Mighty Ram Band - Class of 2016

*Favorite* 2010 - The Web We Weave My Sister was on Front Ensemble! 3rd in BOA Arlington Regionals, 5th in BOA Super Regionals San Antonio, 8th in UIL 5A State Finals Marching Band Contest

2012 - H2O: A Water Journey First Generation Tech Crew Members aka. People on the Light Boards! Only Year ever used a full blown cloth named "big blue" My Sister was on Front Ensemble and a Senior! 9th in UIL 5A State Finals Marching Band Contest

2013 - The Colours of Sound 5th in BOA Allen Regionals, 1st place champions in finals with Percussion, Music, G.E., and Best In Class Award in prelims at the Centennial Marching Festival.

2014 - You are Here! P.S. I am the Soundmixer guy. #ElectronicCrewThugLyfe 10th in BOA Denton Regionals, UIL 6A State Marching Band contest

2015 - From the Roots  I marched the Bass Clarinet The demise of the Berkner Band continuing off from last year... One day! The Legacy left behind by all of these alumni will pull some sense through! We were supposed to compete at the 2015 Duncanville Marching Invitationals but it got threatened with severe weather that never happened. xD and then we tried to compete at a 2015 USBands regional in Mesquite but that too got rained out.

Richland College - Class of 2019 or 2020

Member of the Wind Symphony, Steel Band, and Big Band

Instruments: Bb Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Piano, Steel Drums, Oboe, and Alto Saxophone

#54 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:00 PM

Most recent directory update:  10/17/18  3:00 pm 

Forum Name             RL Name                School/Job

LeanderMomma         Cindy                     LHS mom; flute daughter '13 - ‘17

Xenon                         Daniel Sanchez     Duncanville alumni/TXB staff

Danpod                       Daniel Valdez        Churchill alumni/TXB staff

Mash                           Dave                      Vista Ridge Dad; daughter played clarinet and did CG; son in MS band

BandDad84                 Ric                         CTJ Dad ('11 - '15)

LastChoirGuy             David                      Keller brother (graduated in 2012--sister in Keller band 04-06)

LKendrick                   Landry                    TXB Moderator (current grad student)

Samuel Culper           same                       Vista Ridge dad

RudeDog34                Mike                       Hendrickson dad; daughter plays sax

Takigan                       Brandon                 Georgetown HS band alumni/Cypress area private lesson teacher/TXB staff

Dog885                       Josh                       pit @ Anderson (‘16 - ‘20)

MadisonBandMan1     Cody                      trombone @ James Madison (‘16 - ‘20)

Herbaflerb                    ****                        former Cedar Ridge band student

HardCoreBandFan.      ****                       Dripping Springs dad

ScoobyDoo                 Mindy                     RR mom of 3 band grads

SpartanMarcher          Will                         Porter alto/bari sax (“17 - ‘21)

J-Mike                         Jon-Michael            Lumberton sax (‘15 - ‘19)

TWHSParent              Michael                   The Woodlands pit dad

JosephBandFan         Joseph                    Keller brother (graduated in '17); brother plays clarinet ('17 - '21)  

Babar56                      Bobby                     Richland dad; boys graduated in '11 & '15

(still drives the big rig!)

BrewersGrill2319        Dylan                      CTJ French horn/class of '19

PESHmom                  Lynn                        Plano East mom; son played clarinet ('12 - '14); also had clarinet daughter at

Plano Senior ('14 - '16) & another clarinet son who will attend Plano Senior in '19

AllenBandDad             Chris                      Allen "Pit Bulls" dad; son played tuba & was a DM (now @ Texas Tech); daughter plays bass clarinet (graduates in '20)

Bandmomx4               Julie                        Daughter #2 plays clarinet for TWHS ('17- '21), Daughter #3 will be in flute or colorguard beginning in '19;

daughter #1 (clarinet) graduated TWHS in '18, son (Tuba) graduated from Edmond North (in OK) in '16;

mom (Julie) was in choir in OK

azn                             Grayson                   Berkner '16 (clarinet & bass clarinet); also plays piano, steel drums & alto sax

bumping this again with new edits and additions.  (You can always find this info in the original post as well).

#55 FloMoParent

FloMoParent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationFlower Mound, TX

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:50 PM

Hi, I'm Kevin.  My daughter played clarinet at Flower Mound High School from 2011/12 until graduation in 2014/15.  My son played Trumpet (but marched Trombone) in 2014/15.  He also played football and graduated FMHS in 2018.  Both attend the University of Arkansas.  Member of the FMHS Band Boosters

edit to add: I am on the MFA fourms as krby71

We ARE Flower Mound!
#FloMoBringTheMoJo

#56 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:06 PM

Hi, I'm Kevin.  My daughter played clarinet at Flower Mound High School from 2011/12 until graduation in 2014/15.  My son played Trumpet (but marched Trombone) in 2014/15.  He also played football and graduated FMHS in 2018.  Both attend the University of Arkansas.  Member of the FMHS Band Boosters

I got you added, Kevin!  And I must say that I am impressed that you are still active with the band boosters.  I didn't know you could do that after your kids had left the program!  Maybe I'll re-join the Leander Band Boosters.  They'll never be rid of me!!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#57 FerrisHalliwell

FerrisHalliwell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationLiberty-Eylau HS

Posted 19 October 2018 - 02:21 AM

Hah, this seems interesting!

I'm Jeff, I was a member at Liberty-Eylau High School from 2011-2014, marching clarinet my freshman, sophomore, and senior years, and conducting my junior year. Now I'm a student, and I volunteer working with colorguard at LE during the summers. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to help around more often. My nephew-in-law currently plays at LE as a flautist.

#58 moler512

moler512

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 04:25 PM

im Matt, i was in Vista Ridge graduation 16' and played bass clarinet. :D

Vista Ridge Band 

2012- Rhapsody

2013- Scheherazade

2014- Danza De La Rosa

2015- Orion

#59 lostbandmom42

lostbandmom42

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:38 AM

Hi, I'm Amy! My son plays the baritone in the Harker Heights High School band. He is a sophomore. This is his second year in the band but his first year as a primary marcher. 

#60 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:37 AM

Hi, I'm Amy! My son plays the baritone in the Harker Heights High School band. He is a sophomore. This is his second year in the band but his first year as a primary marcher.

I love your “lostbandmom” nick. 😁

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users