Medalist:

1. Marcus (Hard to bet against them even with Drinkwater gone.)

2. Hendrickson (Too early in the season still a little sloppy, they get better near the end of the season)

3. Cedar park(show design always holds them back)

Middle bands 4-8

Round rock (They would need to improve from Austin to Medal, possible.)

Westlake

Dripping springs

Pflugerville

Westwood

Contenders:

Berkner

Cy falls

Wakeland

Waxahachie

Has anyone seen dripping springs? Seems like things are opening up on top, perhaps there’s a path for them to medal or even snag their second regional title

I sadly couldn't see them on Saturday because we were a couple bands after them and the Cap City live stream archives have bad audio, but they are looking quite sharp with the neon green. I did watch their percussion at the Dripping Springs Drumline Contest and they were pretty good. They are definitely on the rise.

Lehman has also made significant improvements in the past couple of years. I would not be surprised to see them in the 12-15 range.

considering they're low placement at the significantly less competitive McAllen regional earlier this season, they'd have to have grown a lot to make this a reality. I'll be super happy for Lehman if they do, but at this moment I don't see it happening.

In reply to UTM- Dripping swept Capitol City Marching Festival last week- won everything in their class, also overall outstanding GE and musical performance. In Finals, beat the larger class bands to win 1st place  overall and 1st place for Color Guard, too. Doing Westlake this weekend- if we don't have to swim there, then Waco BOA the 13th.

I think there is a chance dripping springs could medal, but historically in BOA events, dripping springs falls short of the typical S.A. finalists. They did beat cedar park at UIL prelims last year, however they didnt in finals, and they didnt attend BOA SA. At both McAllen last year and Captiol City this year where dripping won by a margin, there also happened to be no SA finalists there. I think its pretty hard to predict how they will do against the other potential medalists here at waco, as they are more BOA "regulars" if I may say that.

UIL's antiquated scoring system needs to be scrapped and replaced with something more relevant and manageable. Hope I live long enough to see that!

Hang in there, it's already in the works. My understanding is UIL gives the Directors a significant voice in final approval, requiring a very large super majority to sign off before implementation. Some resistance from traditionalists is likely but the end result should be a big improvement.

In reply to UTM- Dripping swept Capitol City Marching Festival last week- won everything in their class, also overall outstanding GE and musical performance. In Finals, beat the larger class bands to win 1st place  overall and 1st place for Color Guard, too. Doing Westlake this weekend- if we don't have to swim there, then Waco BOA the 13th.

I found Cap City to be quite odd. Dripping Springs definitely should have been in the largest class because I'm pretty sure they don't have under 160 people.

Hang in there, it's already in the works. My understanding is UIL gives the Directors a significant voice in final approval, requiring a very large super majority to sign off before implementation. Some resistance from traditionalists is likely but the end result should be a big improvement.

There's actually a lot more to making such changes, but I like your optimism.