Being a new contest, we don't have much of an idea on who will be there. I did some scavenging on band calendars and CTJ, Cedar Park, and Vandegrift are the only "elite" schools that have it confirmed and it's safe to assume they will all make finals, with CTJ and Vandy with that chance to take gold. I assume there will be more, but we can only speculate about other bands for now, but I wouldn't be surprised by some DFW appearances. Other than that, we can assume Waco area bands (obviously) such as Waco and Midway and maybe some bands that go down to BOA Austin such as Belton could also find their way up north some ways.

So far Coppell, Waxahachie, Keller Central and Wakeland all have Waco on their calendars- seems to me that we’ll likely see a few more heavy hitters and that there probably won’t be any room for local groups to pop into finals, which is a shame (though I could see belton pulling it off if no more heavy hitters show up/ if they even go)

Here is the list of San Antonio finalists and what they're doing that weekend (Oct. 13).

Cedar Park - BOA Waco

Hendrickson - No public schedule

The Woodlands - No public schedule

James Bowie - Blank calendar

Ronald Reagan - Texas Marching Classic

Leander - No public schedule

Cedar Ridge - Texas Marching Classic

Keller - TBD (They told band members to keep this weekend open...)

Cedar Park - No public schedule

Hebron - Plano Invitational

Marcus - No public schedule

Flower Mound - No public schedule

Avon - lol

Vandegrift - BOA Waco

CTJ - BOA Waco

Other bands:

Rouse - BOA Waco

Waxahachie - BOA Waco

Keller Central - BOA Waco

Coppell - BOA Waco

Wakeland - BOA Waco

Round Rock - BOA Waco

Berkner - BOA Waco

McNeil - has marching contest on calendar

Aledo - BOA Waco or Birdville Invitational

Duncanville - has "possible contest" marked

Berkner - BOA Waco

If anyone has insider info on bands, I'll update this post. Super hype for Waco!

Edit 1: added Round Rock

Edit 2: Berkner, McNeil, Aledo and Duncanville

Edit 3: Round Rock updated calendar

Edit 4: added Berkner

How do you know this? Are you guessing? Some of the bands you listed don’t have public sites and have nothing listed but you show they are committed to one of the competitions.

I am not guessing. I searched "(high school name) hs band" and was brought to the band's page. Is there a particular band you're saying I made something up for? Most of these schools had password protected member pages or they were available to look at.

The band I was impressed with at SA was Rouse. I think they are 5a so they won’t have State and can focus on BOA show. So far the list of bands seems to seal the top spots but a non State year band may be able to sneak in and contend.

A lot of people tend to disregard Rouse. They're definitely on their way up.

A friend has a child in this band. At BOA SA I was sitting in the lower section and noticed a strong flowery smell during their show. The guard had dipped the flags or sprayed a flower scent on them (guessing) so when the flags were waved the scent wafted up into the stands. I asked my friend about it but he didn’t know they did that. Do you know if they did that for every show? It went with the theme of the show.. I don’t recall the title but the props were large flower images. I didn’t hear any mention of it during the season.

A friend has a child in this band. At BOA SA I was sitting in the lower section and noticed a strong flowery smell during their show. The guard had dipped the flags or sprayed a flower scent on them (guessing) so when the flags were waved the scent wafted up into the stands. I asked my friend about it but he didn’t know they did that. Do you know if they did that for every show? It went with the theme of the show.. I don’t recall the title but the props were large flower images. I didn’t hear any mention of it during the season.

Oh that's awesome! I have a buddy who marches with them. I'll have to ask about it next time I see him.

A lot of people tend to disregard Rouse. They're definitely on their way up.

Rouse pulls from Stiles MS which splits between Rouse and Vista Ridge.  It is a very good music program there.  I am vested though (my kid plays there. 

The biggest problem Rouse has is that they are in a killer music district so the bands are all really good and it is hard to stand out.  (CP, Vandy, Leander, Vista, Rouse)  Soon Glenn HS will be in that mix too.