BOA 2018 Texas Regionals - Dates and Locations

It can be difficult to nail down a specific location several months in advance. It is usually easier for university stadiums to be confirmed since college games can be scheduled years in advance. UT-Arlington was usually a safe bet as a site for many years since they do not have a football team. However, scheduling conflicts do come up from time to time. You also have to consider that many band programs "bid" on hosting these contests because they are great fundraisers for the program.

I REALLY hope to go back to Southlake next year. From top to bottom, the Southlake band parents did an absolutely phenomenal job hosting the event. Any event that has Jersey Mike's in the press box gets all the gold stars from me!!

personally, I hope it’s at UNT. Seemed to be a good venue when it was there before, the stadium is big, and amazing acoustically.

Next year, BOA Waco is on the same weekend as The Texas Marching Classic (Hosted by Cedar Ridge). For reference, Vandegrift, Reagan, and Hendrickson all attended the TMC last year. It'll be interesting to see which show these programs decide to attend.

That's unfortunate. Also hate that it's the same weekend as DFW. Or was it Conroe? Anyway, and most importantly, how can I be 3 places at once?!

Edit: Its DFW and Conroe that are on the same weekend. I see now. Still gotta choose between two great contests!

That's unfortunate. Also hate that it's the same weekend as DFW. Or was it Conroe? Anyway, and most importantly, how can I be 3 places at once?!

Edit: Its DFW and Conroe that are on the same weekend. I see now. Still gotta choose between two great contests!

I choose the one with the best food.

Next year, BOA Waco is on the same weekend as The Texas Marching Classic (Hosted by Cedar Ridge).  For reference, Vandegrift, Reagan, and Hendrickson all attended the TMC last year.  It'll be interesting to see which show these programs decide to attend.  

Oof. This year is going to be a little less exciting at TMC if some of those bands chose not to attend. Fingers crossed they stick with TMC.

• 5 weeks later...

Breaking News:

The Waco Regional on October 13th will be held at Waco ISD Stadium.  From what I am hearing, this will be a surprisingly competitive Regional.

I performed at this stadium for Area Marching Contest in 2000 (The year it opened and I'm not old).  The layout is very similar to Kelly Reeves.  There are inclines that programs will have to traverse to enter and exit the field.  Also, there is very little sideline room so the bands are going to be blasting our heads off all day long!!! 

Breaking News:

The Waco Regional on October 13th will be held at Waco ISD Stadium. From what I am hearing, this will be a surprisingly competitive Regional.

I performed at this stadium for Area Marching Contest in 2000 (The year it opened and I'm not old). The layout is very similar to Kelly Reeves. There are inclines that programs will have to traverse to enter and exit the field. Also, there is very little sideline room so the bands are going to be blasting our heads off all day long!!!

Woo hoo, is it summer yet? This winter seems eternal!