• Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX - Stadium TBD

Houston, TX - Woodforest Bank Stadium

October 13, 2018

• Waco, TX - Stadium TBD

November 2-3, 2018

• SUPER REGIONAL - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome

November 7-10, 2018

• GRAND NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - Indianapolis, IN - Lucas Oil Stadium

Mclane Stadium is open on the 13th, so that would be an excellent place to have the contest. Waco ISD stadium is in my opinion a little to small to handle a BOA contest. They handle UIL Regionals but not area contests since the capacity is about 12,000.  The Only disappointing thing is that the Baylor Golden Wave Band will probably not be able to perform due to their having to be in Austin for the Baylor vs UT game that same day.   This rivalry would demand that BU perform in Austin that day. Since Waco is 107 miles from Austin, I do not think the Band will try to do both that day.

So I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this but how are we going to manage having two different pannels. It will be VERY interesting to see how the new handbook handles this change and come may it will be a good read. I expect the top 7 from each panel will advance but that creates its own issues. Definitely something to watch.

The BOA enrollment form lists Baylor University as the location.

https://www.tfaforms.com/4646685

So it would appear the Waco Regional will definitely not be at Baylor. I emailed MFA about the discrepancy between the enrollment form and the published schedule and received the following response:

"...Baylor became unavailable during the short window between when the online registration schedule was published and when the web schedule was published. I've confirmed that Waco stadium is currently TBD and that correction has been made in the online registration system."

So it would appear the Waco Regional will definitely not be at Baylor. I emailed MFA about the discrepancy between the enrollment form and the published schedule and received the following response:

"...Baylor became unavailable during the short window between when the online registration schedule was published and when the web schedule was published. I've confirmed that Waco stadium is currently TBD and that correction has been made in the online registration system."

That's a bummer. Maybe in the future, if the Waco Regional sticks around, they can book that beautiful stadium. Although I'm sure it ain't cheap, and this IS just a regional after all!

Massive bummer!!  As mentioned above, Waco ISD stadium is a little bit of a challenge logistically.  However, the stadium is the next best option since McLane Stadium is no longer available.  Another possible option could be Mary-Hardin Baylor University in Belton, TX.  It's just down the road from Waco and has hosted the DCI Central Texas event for the past two years.  Plenty of information will come down the pipe in the next few months.  I'm pumped! 

why can't they seem to settle on a fixed location for DFW??

It can be difficult to nail down a specific location several months in advance.  It is usually easier for university stadiums to be confirmed since college games can be scheduled years in advance.  UT-Arlington was usually a safe bet as a site for many years since they do not have a football team.  However, scheduling conflicts do come up from time to time.  You also have to consider that many band programs "bid" on hosting these contests because they are great fundraisers for the program.  

I REALLY hope to go back to Southlake next year.  From top to bottom, the Southlake band parents did an absolutely phenomenal job hosting the event.  Any event that has Jersey Mike's in the press box gets all the gold stars from me!!