Here is a list fo the proposed rules to be considered by corps directors at the 2018 Rules Congress on January 5-6.
1. Increase Membership to 154
2. Extend World Finals to 15 corps
3. No Scores Before July 1st
4. No scores- Ordinals Only (the UIL system)
5. Annual Rules Congress
6. Only allowing 6 brass players to be amplified at one time.
7. Add a brass judge in the box at large shows
8. Change the way percussion is changed (read the proposal on this one, it's tough to explain)
9. Adjust music sheets to deal with amplification and electronics.
My thoughts: the only big thing I want to say is if 6 is adopted you may see BOA adopt a similar rule. Also, 4 would fundamentally change DCI, and it would be a little crazy at first, doubt it gets adopted. 7-9 all make sense to me. 1 is fine. 3 would help reduce slotting which is a plus. 2 I'm not sure about honestly, just on the fence.