• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 abtwitch

abtwitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:36 PM

Ohhh I'm so sorry if I sounded offensive! I am just bewildered as to why a 6A DFW area school would be zoned to play a school so far away!! I mean can the DFW area not find enough local schools for Bell to play against?!

Nothing against Abilene itself. :)

Nah, no offense taken. I actually showed it to a friend whose lived here his whole life. He was like "as a longtime resident of Abilene... I completely agree"

#62 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:37 PM

Yeah, the athletic districts in that area changed quite a bit this time around. It used to be the Keller schools with Haltom, Weatherford, and Abilene, but with several new 6A schools in the area it made more sense to keep the Keller schools in the area and have the HEB/Birdville schools go out west. They have San Angelo in the district, too.

Well, the HEB district *is* technically west of Dallas...so I guess it sort of makes sense. Maybe...
Each day is a gift. That’s why it’s called “the present.”

#63 LostChoirGuy

LostChoirGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationProvo, Utah

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:39 PM

Quite the opposite. There aren't enough 6A schools out in west/central Texas to play just each other. Many of the schools out there used to be smaller, so it wasn't as much of a problem, but as they have gotten bigger, there are less schools in their classification around.

#64 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:40 PM

Nah, no offense taken. I actually showed it to a friend whose lived here his whole life. He was like "as a longtime resident of Abilene... I completely agree"

Awww, well I do feel bad for the tone of my post. It could definitely have come off a bit arrogant! I'm sure Abilene has a fine football team. I mean they are 6A after all.

BTW, I went to Harding University back in the day, which is a sister school of ACU. :)

#65 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:43 PM

Quite the opposite. There aren't enough 6A schools out in west/central Texas to play just each other. Many of the schools out there used to be smaller, so it wasn't as much of a problem, but as they have gotten bigger, there are less schools in their classification around.

Yes I can see how that could be an issue for these West Texas schools. I mean Ft Worth *is* practically West Texas anyway. :D

#66 LostChoirGuy

LostChoirGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationProvo, Utah

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:44 PM

Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas? I looked into that school a bit. Several of my friends went there and loved it.

#67 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:50 PM

Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas? I looked into that school a bit. Several of my friends went there and loved it.

Yes, it's a fantastic school. I grew up with Harding in my blood, having attended Harding Academy in Memphis for 12 years (which I believe is one of the largest, if not THE largest, private schools in the country). I got a superb education and was blessed to be in a pretty awesome HS band for 5 years. Fantastic memories for me, ALL of my Harding years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users