172 replies to this topic

#161 Hard Core Band Fan

Hard Core Band Fan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:16 PM

Yep, couldn't hear the Mandarins baritone solo - 3rd time in a row. Flo Marching doesn't compensate for the groups that place their speakers further toward the crowd, so they have their mics behind the speakers and the solos are virtually unheard. Sadly, the DVD's and CD's for this season will likely have this flaw. This will really suck for Santa Clara.

#162 Bandnerd03

Bandnerd03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:15 AM

Of all corps for the stream to screw up in, why SCV? Thankfully it was only for a minute or so. They just blew me away. I don't think there's any question who just won

#163 Hard Core Band Fan

Hard Core Band Fan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:26 AM

Of all corps for the stream to screw up in, why SCV? Thankfully it was only for a minute or so. They just blew me away. I don't think there's any question who just won

It's a sports company. It had sound and I'm sure that they feel they met the requirements. It was for more than a minute and affected the stream for other corps as well.

#164 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:27 AM

I didn't have a single issue with FloMarching for a change.

SCV was insane. Now the question is, how high will they score.
Each day is a gift. That’s why it’s called “the present.”

#165 FloMoParent

FloMoParent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationFlower Mound, TX

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:56 AM

scores?

We ARE Flower Mound!
#FloMoBringTheMoJo

#166 Hard Core Band Fan

Hard Core Band Fan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:57 AM

scores?

1 Santa Clara Vanguard 98.625
2 Blue Devils 97.350
3 Bluecoats 96.950
4 Carolina Crown 95.500
5 Boston Crusaders 94.313
6 The Cavaliers 93.213
7 The Cadets 92.225
8 Blue Stars 90.050
9 Blue Knights 88.925
10 Mandarins 88.150
11 Phantom Regiment 86.950
12 Crossmen 86.750

#167 FloMoParent

FloMoParent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationFlower Mound, TX

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:00 AM

thanks

We ARE Flower Mound!
#FloMoBringTheMoJo

#168 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:47 PM

We could easily start a thread called FloMarching Issues and it would have a ton of posts in it in no time. 😁

I just realized as well that they did not jack up the monthly price to $59 like they did last summer only for DCI months. By Sept, the price had dropped back down to $29 per month. This summer it stayed down so I definitely took advantage of it, unlike last summer when I felt the price was ridiculous. I wonder if so few people paid for it last summer that the Flo people decided it wasn't worth it. I bet they got tons more subscribers this summer! I remember being really perturbed by that price hike! So glad they didn't repeat it!!

#169 principalagent

principalagent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:45 PM

Actually they did jack the price to 49.99 plus tax! I had a big snafu with my yearly subscription so when they offered me renewal options (after the renewal processed to my credit card...) I was the pricing structure did reflect an increase during DCI season.

#170 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:02 AM

Actually they did jack the price to 49.99 plus tax! I had a big snafu with my yearly subscription so when they offered me renewal options (after the renewal processed to my credit card...) I was the pricing structure did reflect an increase during DCI season.

bizarre. I paid $29.99 all summer.

#171 Hard Core Band Fan

Hard Core Band Fan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:36 AM

The best value, at least last year, was to purchase the yearly subscription. I was able to get all of the BOA season and DCI season for $150.

#172 principalagent

principalagent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:29 AM

The best value, at least last year, was to purchase the yearly subscription. I was able to get all of the BOA season and DCI season for $150.

Yep, by far. Since I use it for two months each during WGI, DCI, and BOA, that saves me 30 bucks at the very least.

#173 Band_dad_of_2

Band_dad_of_2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:46 PM

All I know is that about half way through the SCV closer, I looked at my kids and said "There's your champion....just shut it down....no one's beating that". 

A few takeaways....

• I liked the Blue Devils show better than SCV but SCV's execution could not be matched. 
  • How 'bout those Crusaders!!!! 
  • The Cavaliers literally gave me goosebumps
  • I can't say enough about that SCV closer......good grief.

I have an middle schooler who has his sights set on SCV drumline.  I will do everything in my power to make that happen for him but I told him it's up to him to get there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users