DCI 2018

MadisonBandMan1

Anyone going to the San Antonio show?

I’m trying to organize a “field trip” to there, but knowing my band I can’t buy tickets too far in advance because a lot of people will cancel and that’s wasted money. I’m just buying my tickets about a week in advance and the school everyone else can just buy seats around me.

I’m trying to organize a “field trip” to there, but knowing my band I can’t buy tickets too far in advance because a lot of people will cancel and that’s wasted money. I’m just buying my tickets about a week in advance and the school everyone else can just buy seats around me.

Smart plan.  See if you can get some people to hang around the warm-up lot for a few hours.  It's free and it is an incredible experience!!

Definitely go to the lot. It’s so brutally hot but worth it. Before she marched drum corps my daughter spent most of her time in the lot. In fact, I wondered why I bought her a seat at all. Lot tunes and warmups are such a treat. Also, if you sit close, consider ear protection bc some groups are really loud, to the point of painful with the amplification.

Smart plan.  See if you can get some people to hang around the warm-up lot for a few hours.  It's free and it is an incredible experience!!

Yeah, I informed everyone about everything, but I know most can't even show up for the lot seeing how San An is a couple hours away

Two Leander students that I know of in Crown....don't know if there are more. One from Vandegrift, graduated senior trumpet, and one Cedar Park Tuba who's at Texas State, think he's a Senior. MONSTER brass! Both play for me in our Church ensemble, and by george I'm PROUD of that!!!!

I bet your church ensemble is AMAZING!

Two Leander students that I know of in Crown....don't know if there are more.  One from Vandegrift, graduated senior trumpet, and one Cedar Park Tuba who's at Texas State, think he's a Senior.  MONSTER brass!  Both play for me in our Church ensemble, and by george I'm PROUD of that!!!!

You could say that Crown's brass is pretty........Beast

I haven't really followed DCI in the past, but was able to see the Central Indiana show live last night.  There are some great shows happening out there.  Granted, I'm a little partial to Crown, do to a certain director,  but that show was a crowd grabber last night and they had added to the ending from the show I had seen on YT.  In their encore, the kids with the MFA Summer Symposium (I think that was it) took the field to show off what they had been practicing and Crown joined then them on the field. Both groups ran Crown's opener together, and quite loudly.  Phantom's tenors were impressive, as was the female brass soloist, for the Scouts? i think.   I may need more lot time to keep things straight on who is who.  

I haven't really followed DCI in the past, but was able to see the Central Indiana show live last night. There are some great shows happening out there. Granted, I'm a little partial to Crown, do to a certain director, but that show was a crowd grabber last night and they had added to the ending from the show I had seen on YT. In their encore, the kids with the MFA Summer Symposium (I think that was it) took the field to show off what they had been practicing and Crown joined then them on the field. Both groups ran Crown's opener together, and quite loudly. Phantom's tenors were impressive, as was the female brass soloist, for the Scouts? i think. I may need more lot time to keep things straight on who is who.

I only caught Crown on FloMarching at the end last night and thought they were fantastic. I didn’t realize it was on until it was almost over. I really want to see the Scouts perform. I’m partial to Crown as well, but for different reasons. I hope they can pull ahead this summer and win it all! I’m really looking forward to seeing them all live in July at the Alamodome!