#21 LostChoirGuy

LostChoirGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationProvo, Utah

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:23 AM

Lets actually see what Haltom does or doesn't put to the field before we start criticizing it :)

I definitely get your point, but I think many concert pieces have been tastefully and masterfully transformed into great field shows, and bands with excellent concert playing ability like Haltom could certainly pull it off. I mean, look at what Vandegrift did this past year. Absolutely fabulous musical performances of adaptations of music that were never meant for marching band. I mean, Haltom basically gave us a Concert Hall performance on the field this past year, anyways as that was the theme behind their show and it was very successful.

#22 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:27 PM

Lets actually see what Haltom does or doesn't put to the field before we start criticizing it :)

I definitely get your point, but I think many concert pieces have been tastefully and masterfully transformed into great field shows, and bands with excellent concert playing ability like Haltom could certainly pull it off. I mean, look at what Vandegrift did this past year. Absolutely fabulous musical performances of adaptations of music that were never meant for marching band. I mean, Haltom basically gave us a Concert Hall performance on the field this past year, anyways as that was the theme behind their show and it was very successful.

Excellent point about Vandy. That show last year was most definitely a concert hall performance! Maybe some would say it doesn't belong on a football field, but it was brilliantly played, completely mesmerizing and a wonderful change of pace from what we usually hear performed in a football stadium. Kudos to Haltom if they can bring it like Vandy did. I'll be looking forward to it!
Each day is a gift. That’s why it’s called “the present.”

#23 Jelonfish

Jelonfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:18 PM

Excellent point about Vandy. That show last year was most definitely a concert hall performance! Maybe some would say it doesn't belong on a football field, but it was brilliantly played, completely mesmerizing and a wonderful change of pace from what we usually hear performed in a football stadium. Kudos to Haltom if they can bring it like Vandy did. I'll be looking forward to it!

When I think of groups such as Vandy , Marcus , haltom. I think of a marching concert band . During there concert seasons they bring it and sound like real pro and I believe they bring exactly that to the field what they are best at and that is playing . Marcus last year improved drastically with visual . Vandy blew us away and haltom finally was able to show the boa world what they are truly capable of and that just gonna be better. I’m super excited to watch this group evolve in the next few year into something truly great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users