1143 replies to this topic

#41 Crown2018

Crown2018

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:20 AM

If they do, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't go to GN this year. It's very hard to go State then Grand Nationals right after.

Claudia won’t miss 2 state years in a row

#42 herbaflerb

herbaflerb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationRound Rock, TX

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:01 PM

Claudia won’t miss 2 state years in a row

You're right. This is shaping up to be an awesome year.

#43 Crown2018

Crown2018

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:14 AM

Predictions for state finalists?

#44 TXMarchingMadness87654

TXMarchingMadness87654

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:44 AM

Just FYI, Richland is 6A again. They were recently put into 6A football district with Abilene, Trinity, Haltom, LD Bell, San Angelo Central, and Weatherford. Might change some predictions.

Ofc, I feel like if Haltom rides last season, they'll have a great shot at State. :)

#45 LostChoirGuy

LostChoirGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationProvo, Utah

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:11 AM

Yeah, there was quite a bit of talk on one of the other threads about a number of bands in that area moving up to 6A that will both likely change the number of finalists that make it to state and also which expected bands make it. There will be some really good bands in that area that are going to miss out just because of how strong everyone is.

#46 LKendrick

LKendrick

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 748 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:08 AM

Predictions for state finalists?

Band with the highest sco........lowest sco......unless 1st place majority......wins? 

It's so weird when you say it.   :lol:

#47 Nny14

Nny14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:01 AM

Band with the highest sco........lowest sco......unless 1st place majority......wins?

It's so weird when you say it. :lol:

And that band will be from LISD.

#48 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:56 AM

And that band will be from LISD.

Which LISD is the real question though.

James Madison H.S Class of 2020

Trombone player

2016 - EnLIGHTened

2017 - Nocturnal Creature

2018 - The Ascent

2019 - Under Construction

I love weather and music. Hot and steamy summers combined with marching rehearsal = heaven!

#49 Jelonfish

Jelonfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:27 PM

That area which includes . Haltom , coppell , Richland , Keller , duncanville , Ld Bell , and many more is going to be insane . But I still think if they take 5 like they did in 2016 it’s going to be
Top 3- Keller , haltom , ld bell (not in order)
4-5 coppell and hopefully Duncanville

This is going to be a crazy year . And those predictions are just based off last year so who knows .. but very exciting!!

#50 Jelonfish

Jelonfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:28 PM

That area which includes . Haltom , coppell , Richland , Keller , duncanville , Ld Bell , and many more is going to be insane . But I still think if they take 5 like they did in 2016 it’s going to be

This is going to be a crazy year . And those predictions are just based off last year so who knows .. but very exciting!!

Also yes Richland is good but not haltom , ld bell and and Keller good !

#51 Band_dad_of_2

Band_dad_of_2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:00 PM

This was taken from the UIL site.... http://www.uiltexas....ement-procedure

5A/6A Certification. In Conferences 5A/6A the music area shall certify the two bands receiving the highest ranking in each conference to the State Marching Band Contest. Should fifteen or more bands qualify for
advancement in a single conference for the area contest, one band for each five bands that qualified for advancement to the contest shall be certified for advancement to the state contest.

I count 37 bands in Area B....if 30 advance to Area, that means 6 will advance to State, correct?  Am I reading that incorrectly?

#52 Band_dad_of_2

Band_dad_of_2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:02 PM

Also yes Richland is good but not haltom , ld bell and and Keller good !

In 2017, Richland was right on Haltom's heels all season......in 2016, Haltom was right on Richland's heels all season.

"Not Haltom good"?  I don't know, my friend...looks like they're pretty even, to me.

#53 Jelonfish

Jelonfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:20 PM

In 2017, Richland was right on Haltom's heels all season......in 2016, Haltom was right on Richland's heels all season.

"Not Haltom good"? I don't know, my friend...looks like they're pretty even, to me.

If you were to compare where each group was at the end of the season last year . Not other years . Then Richland wasn’t at that level . I watched haltom in Flo marching at Atlanta and then watch richland at state 2 weeks later and Richland wasn’t anywhere near where haltom was 2 weeks before. If Richland would of went to Atlanta they wouldn’t of placed anywhere near haltom .

#54 Jelonfish

Jelonfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:20 PM

This was taken from the UIL site.... http://www.uiltexas....ement-procedure

I count 37 bands in Area B....if 30 advance to Area, that means 6 will advance to State, correct? Am I reading that incorrectly?

If 6 would advance then I could definitely see timber creek advancing

#55 Jelonfish

Jelonfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

Then again we will see what the group bring to the table next year

#56 Jelonfish

Jelonfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:22 PM

"Not Haltom good"? I don't know, my friend...looks like they're pretty even, to me.

in the beginning of the season they competed once . Where Richland got 3rd and haltom got 1st . After that I would not say Richland was on haltoms heels at all . After that first contest . Haltom blew up and surprised everyone .

#57 LostChoirGuy

LostChoirGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationProvo, Utah

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:27 PM

I disagree with your statement for several reasons. First, Haltoms excellent performance last year was not a surprise for those who have followed the activity for over a decade and who have considered more than just BOA results. Haltom has made state finals on many occasions over the years. This being said, Richland also has an excellent history and I don't think you can count them out as being on a lower level as Haltom simply because of one year. Richland based their show around UIL judging and were rewarded for doing so. It is hard to say what /would/ have happened if they went to Atlanta as you said, because their show wasn't really BOA-centric.

I think both Haltom and Richland have a decent shot at making state here, but I don't think that either one is in a position where they are a clear top 3 favorite in the area.

#58 Band_dad_of_2

Band_dad_of_2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:29 PM

in the beginning of the season they competed once . Where Richland got 3rd and haltom got 1st . After that I would not say Richland was on haltoms heels at all . After that first contest . Haltom blew up and surprised everyone .

2016 is hardly a recency bias but, ok.....

In 2017, they competed in two contests Haltom and Richland finished 1st and 3rd (Mansfield) and 1st and 2nd (Broken Arrow)....results don't lie.  Things were much closer than you recall.

No doubt that Haltom took big steps last year...they were fantastic.  They were also completely different shows...there's no way to quantify your assertion that Richland wouldn't have finished anywhere near Haltom.

Both are trending up...we'll have to see what happens in 2018. 

Things change year-to-year....looking forward to it and hope both make it to State!!

#59 herbaflerb

herbaflerb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationRound Rock, TX

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:49 PM

If you were to compare where each group was at the end of the season last year . Not other years . Then Richland wasn’t at that level . I watched haltom in Flo marching at Atlanta and then watch richland at state 2 weeks later and Richland wasn’t anywhere near where haltom was 2 weeks before. If Richland would of went to Atlanta they wouldn’t of placed anywhere near haltom .

Richland is definitely near Haltom in terms of quality. Had they attended Atlanta they would have done well.

#60 bancl

bancl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:26 AM

I think Waxahachie and Prosper might have something to say about this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users