187 replies to this topic

#181 Bandwoww

Bandwoww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:16 AM

It's up to the Steering Committee who gets promoted, unless a group self-promotes. The top three performers at the World Championship in the Open and A classes are automatically promoted each year. Some groups will get bumped up during their seasons, if the Steering Committee thinks that they are competing in the wrong class. The Steering Committee reviews videos of the top few performances at each contest.

Avon gave the best performance in Scholastic World. I think Trumbull might have outperformed Carmel as well in Finals, although I much prefer Carmel's show to both. It has that spark of ingenuity the others lack. Also, it's nice to finally see everyone's faces and the details of the costumes, etc.

Thanks for the clarification!

#182 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:27 AM

Some of these Independent World guards are truly incredible and so powerfully moving. Many of the high school guards were as well. Does the rest of the world have a clue what they’re missing by not knowing about this activity? I don’t think they do...
Each day is a gift. That’s why it’s called “the present.”

#183 Hard Core Band Fan

Hard Core Band Fan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:38 AM

Another thing you miss watching online is the deafening screams of hundreds of high school guard girls in the audience when someone does something that impresses them. It is very, very loud. It's like nothing else! The online audio can't begin to reproduce that.

#184 principalagent

principalagent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:23 AM

Groups also get bumped up if they make finals three times in a row, so Eastlake will be moving up! Along with Marvin Ridge from NC.

#185 Rubisco

Rubisco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:29 AM

Darn, well can’t say I didn’t see the Trumbull thing coming. It was a great performance.

The IW recaps are fun to look at. All over the place at the top. Most of the judges had CGT Dallas in the top 3, but the ones that had them in 4th had more weight.

Congrats to Paramount on their first win!

#186 Rubisco

Rubisco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:36 AM

I can’t say I was floored by any one performance this year, and I think the scores largely reflect that. This is the lowest scoring Independent World finals since 1987. That’s not to say the shows were mediocre — they were quite good. It’s just that none of them blew me away.

#187 LKendrick

LKendrick

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:14 AM

http://www.txbands.c...nd-my-thoughts/

Posted some thoughts about the weekend there, congrats to everyone and especially our Texas groups on an amazing weekend!  

#188 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:28 AM

I’m loving the recap from yesterday’s finals. Look at all those 100s given to Leander!! :)

https://recaps.compe...8d8a9b25be5.htm
Each day is a gift. That’s why it’s called “the present.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users