Explain Why Your Band is The Best

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't get to watch your show, but also remember that even if your placement isnt higher doesnt mean that your band doesnt have great improvements. From what I have heard, you guys did very well!

I understand. In my opinion this is the best marching band year in history. If course it will not mean anything if we don't place higher. I just really wish we do. That was by far our best performance and everything lined up for us, and I just hope the results say the same.

I understand. In my opinion this is the best marching band year in history. If course it will not mean anything if we don't place higher. I just really wish we do. That was by far our best performance and everything lined up for us, and I just hope the results say the same.

Keep working - there are up and down years. despite popular belief - every band has a down year - event the biggest programs. You cannot find a single program that medals every year. Avon just came to Texas and they have one of the best programs in the country - and finished out of the medals. FloMo - who you yourself said was "GOD" finished 6th after wining BOA SA the past 2 years.

If you walk off the field knowing that you left the best show you had on that field - you won - enjoy the moment

I watched every band this weekend except one, and SO MANY bands made ridiculous improvements from anytime I've ever seen them over the past decade or so I've been in/following the activity. I'm sure some people are going to complain about inflation, but personally, I did see 15 Box 5 bands, about ~35 bands who would have made another Super Regional Finals, and 52 Division 1 bands this weekend. Texas bands are only getting better and better and pushing each other, and watching the state truly become the pinnacle of the activity is inspiring. Usually, I think that San Antonio only passed up Nationals in quality from 4th place through 20-25th place. I would say that this was the first year where the depth into the 30s and 40s surpassed Grand Nationals in the 40s-60s. And I think this is also the first year where I believe that it's truly possible the three medalists would all hold onto their medals at GN (but 2013 is close!) 

Band is just better in Texas, and this weekend proved it for good. Anyone who took the field over the last couple of days should be so proud of what they accomplished with their bandmates, regardless of placement.

I watched every band this weekend except one, and SO MANY bands made ridiculous improvements from anytime I've ever seen them over the past decade or so I've been in/following the activity. I'm sure some people are going to complain about inflation, but personally, I did see 15 Box 5 bands, about ~35 bands who would have made another Super Regional Finals, and 52 Division 1 bands this weekend. Texas bands are only getting better and better and pushing each other, and watching the state truly become the pinnacle of the activity is inspiring. Usually, I think that San Antonio only passed up Nationals in quality from 4th place through 20-25th place. I would say that this was the first year where the depth into the 30s and 40s surpassed Grand Nationals in the 40s-60s. And I think this is also the first year where I believe that it's truly possible the three medalists would all hold onto their medals at GN (but 2013 is close!) 

Band is just better in Texas, and this weekend proved it for good. Anyone who took the field over the last couple of days should be so proud of what they accomplished with their bandmates, regardless of placement.

Well said.  I just wish Grand Nationals was n't always so far away.  It is just so cost prohibitive to most bands to be able to even think about going.

• 4 months later...