Best bands in Dallas (The city, not the competition)

There is a James Madison HS in Dallas. As far as other bands "in the city of Dallas", that really depends on what we are talking about. Dallas ISD? Dallas city borders but can be other ISD's? Dallas County? Dallas Metroplex? DFW Metroplex? Exurbs like Frisco, Denton, and McKinney?

If we are just talking Dallas ISD, then Skyline is probably the best.

The city of Highland Park is wholly surrounded by the city of Dallas as is pretty close to Downtown, so if we include them, then Highland Park is the best.

If we want to talk ISDs where the HS campus happens to be within city of Dallas' borders, then Lake Highlands from Richardson ISD is also up there.

In no particular order: 1-L.D.BELL 2-FLOWER MOUND 3-MARCUS 4-HEBRON 5-BERKNER 6-KELLER 7-HALTOM 8-WAKELAND 9-COPPELL 10-MARTIN

Richland deserves some respect here....

Richland finished 2nd to Marcus at HEB....beat Wakeland and Haltom there, too.  In fact, Richland beat Haltom at HEB and St. Louis.

Results last year

HEB - 2nd

Tournament of Champions (Carrollton) - 2nd

Lone Star Preview (The Woodlands) - 1st

BOA St Louis - 7th

1:Flomo

2:Hebron

3:Marcus

4:LD Bell

5:Keller

6:Richland

7:Haltom

8:Berkner

9:Wakeland

10:Coppell

Honorable mentions

Timber Creek

Highland Park

Poteet

Waxahachie

Lake Ridge

Keller Central

Honorable mentions

Timber Creek

Highland Park

Poteet

Waxahachie

Lake Ridge

Keller Central

Completely agree with this list, I think Coppell could be higher but they've been down a little bit in the rankings recently so I think you're pretty accurate.

Honorable mentions

Timber Creek

Highland Park

Poteet

Waxahachie

Lake Ridge

Keller Central

I honestly don't know if Haltom or Berkner can shoot up that much against Wakeland and Coppell to be honest. I don't think Haltom has competed in any BOA in the past few years (correct me if I'm wrong), and Coppell's been pretty consistently beating them on the UIL side of things. Wakeland has been improving steadily over the past few years, and 2015 is still one of my favorite high school shows from the past few years. They dropped off DFW and SA finals because they had a completely new staff, but at DFW they still got 11. I just don't see either Haltom or Berkner, who placed 14 at DFW last year, rising above either Wakeland or Coppell. It really will be dependent on if the new staff at both Wakeland and Coppell can settle in this year and rebound from their drops last year. Given both bands' histories and performances over the last few years, I think they'll still both be above Haltom and Berkner.

Also, I think Keller Central is going to have a great showing too, even potentially making finals. They've made DFW finals for the past two years now with some really entertaining shows. I know each year the competition gets more intense, but I wouldn't discount Keller Central from making finals.

EDIT: Wow, for some reason I completely forgot what thread I'm in and thought this was BOA DFW predictions. My bad!!! I think some of the points I made can still stand, but wow- I feel dumb.

I honestly don't know if Haltom or Berkner can shoot up that much against Wakeland and Coppell to be honest. I don't think Haltom has competed in any BOA in the past few years (correct me if I'm wrong), and Coppell's been pretty consistently beating them on the UIL side of things. Wakeland has been improving steadily over the past few years, and 2015 is still one of my favorite high school shows from the past few years. They dropped off DFW and SA finals because they had a completely new staff, but at DFW they still got 11. I just don't see either Haltom or Berkner, who placed 14 at DFW last year, rising above either Wakeland or Coppell. It really will be dependent on if the new staff at both Wakeland and Coppell can settle in this year and rebound from their drops last year. Given both bands' histories and performances over the last few years, I think they'll still both be above Haltom and Berkner.

Also, I think Keller Central is going to have a great showing too, even potentially making finals. They've made DFW finals for the past two years now with some really entertaining shows. I know each year the competition gets more intense, but I wouldn't discount Keller Central from making finals.

EDIT: Wow, for some reason I completely forgot what thread I'm in and thought this was BOA DFW predictions. My bad!!! I think some of the points I made can still stand, but wow- I feel dumb.

I don't agree with the haltom thing . Haltom has been to servals boa outside of the state of Texas as well as Richland . Both of these bands are incredible . Do I agree with Richland being above . No but I do agree with both being better than coppell and wakeland . !! Just my opinion

Richland deserves some respect here....

Richland finished 2nd to Marcus at HEB....beat Wakeland and Haltom there, too. In fact, Richland beat Haltom at HEB and St. Louis.

Results last year

HEB - 2nd

Tournament of Champions (Carrollton) - 2nd

Lone Star Preview (The Woodlands) - 1st

BOA St Louis - 7th

With this being said it's the first year in like 5 years that this has happened . And if you looked at the scores both sister school were so very close to each other . Very impressed with them in past years and very excited what they bring to the table ! Both competing at broken arrow invitational and I believe haltom is attending boa Atlanta this year . We will see

I don't agree with the haltom thing . Haltom has been to servals boa outside of the state of Texas as well as Richland . Both of these bands are incredible . Do I agree with Richland being above . No but I do agree with both being better than coppell and wakeland . !! Just my opinion

Ah, I completely missed out of TX BOA's- my bad. BUT I do think it is significant to point out that Coppell and Haltom go head to head every two years through UIL.... and Coppell is usually on top. I definitely agree with your point though about Richland and Haltom (and Coppell, and Wakeland) being incredible bands- I've really enjoyed all of their performances that I've seen live or on video.

With this being said it's the first year in like 5 years that this has happened . And if you looked at the scores both sister school were so very close to each other . Very impressed with them in past years and very excited what they bring to the table ! Both competing at broken arrow invitational and I believe haltom is attending boa Atlanta this year . We will see

Love the Haltom Band! My response was more about Richland being left off of a list of bands that they had beaten recently.  Trust me, I know how close Haltom and Richland are in talent...both are at Broken Arrow and Mansfield this year so it will be great to see some head-to-head competition again.

BISD is much better when all three bands are good....looks to be that way again this year!!

Best of luck!

So I have been thinking. I have decided from here on out I want this thread to be rankings of schools based on competition analysis during the season, and during the off-season I want people to compare how the bands did in the recent season and how they have done historically to base their rankings. This goes into effect now.

So I have been thinking. I have decided from here on out I want this thread to be rankings of schools based on competition analysis during the season, and during the off-season I want people to compare how the bands did in the recent season and how they have done historically to base their rankings. This goes into effect now.

• 2 weeks later...