Texas Small School Bands and BOA

Poor Whitesboro.  They were really close to being the first Texas BOA Class 1A band to make Semi-Finals.  They missed it by just 1 class placement (1.7 points). They had a great timeslot too (I mainly mean they didn't have to compete against Adair County, KY).  I think if Argyle had gone and been in the same prelims block as Whitesboro, I think they would've squeaked into Semis via class placement.

There are several years however where I don't think Argyle would've made the cut, even with such a good slot.

As for the other bands, Abilene Wylie would likely be 2A.  Their 2015 10-12 enrollment was 743, which puts them over the 1A cutline of 600.  Kennedale was 747 so they would likely be 2A as well. North Lamar is super close (633)....though I've seen schools that I could of sworn were over the limit, but managed to skirt the line...I think part of it depends on the year and when the data is reported/turned in.....there might be other tallying "loopholes" as well since BOA's methodology is required to be more vague (sort of like how Tarpon, despite being a large school, can get into Class AA because they're allowed to count their Fine Arts dept as a separate "school" because of how the campus is incorporated).  It's possible North Lamar could be class 1A, and they would certainly be a force to be reckoned with in that category as well.

Argyle is actually unusually small for a top-ranked UIL 4A school (528 in grade 10-12, 742 in grade 9-12)....most of the stronger 4A schools are up near the cutline for UIL Class 5A (1,100).