3 replies to this topic

#1 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:01 AM

Any predictions for 2017? I would say that James Madison will at least in the top four, but there might be a little bias in there. I'm trying to be as objective as possible.

#2 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:26 AM

My top 5 in finals so far (no order)

James Madison
Pioneer
Dripping Springs
Lee (might be a little bold on this)
Homer Hanna

IDK the rest just yet. Let me know what you think.

#3 WILKINSON

WILKINSON

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSouthlake, TX

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:18 AM

Here's my super early analysis for this contest:

I truly believe that this Regional contest is Dripping Springs' to lose. It's very hard seeing anyone else top them at this competition. Of course, there are several bands attending that definitely can "upset" and beat them but it seems kind of inconceivable, especially on a State Year. Time will tell.

Following Dripping Springs, I believe Sharyland Pioneer or Del Rio are capable runner-ups. State Year for Sharyland Pioneer and I'm sure they'll put out a spectacular show out on the field this coming season. This is the same band that came in second at the 2016 McAllen Regional only to Austin James Bowie. Del Rio's 2016 show was fantastic and I think that'lll continue onto this year. They have a great sound.

Brownsville Hanna and SA Madison round up my Top Five and locks for finals. Both these bands have a good ensemble sound and can play loud and strong.

Finalists Contenders:
Roma, Edinburg Vela, Sharyland, Brownsville Lopez, Hidalgo

Dark Horses:
Edinburg North, Edinburg, Harlingen South, Grulla

This is my Pre-Season Prediction. It is subject to change as the season initiates and unfolds. Thoughts?

#4 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:26 PM

Yeah I guess we'll only know once the season starts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users