As a DFW native, I'm changing my predictions slightly now that we've seen some things (also to revive some discussion in this thread hopefully):

1. Flomo: This contest is theirs to lose. From what we've seen the past few years from them, especially last year, they will be the band to beat, bar none, at this contest. I could definitely see a situation where Marcus or Hebron edges them out, but honestly, Flomo has a great chance of winning it all.

2. Marcus: They usually seem to be cleaner than Hebron early season, and being a Grand Nats season for them, they're going to be going hard this year. Also, they'll be out for blood after state last year. They have such a fantastically consistent program, but so does Hebron, and Hebron could definitely grab the silver from them. But, I think Marcus is going to be in second.

3. Hebron: They're amazing. Nothing much else to say. The three LISD powerhouses could switch up 1-3 between themselves, but in my opinion, this is the most likely matchup.

4. Keller: I'm gonna place Keller a little higher than others have been here. I think their program, over the past two years especially, has been achieving amazing things. Last year was one of my favorite shows of all time, and if they continue to improve off it, they'll be a total powerhouse soon.

5. Bell: Last year was great for them. They'll be back very strong once again. I can totally see them and Keller switching, but I don't think they're quite ready to break into the top 3 again. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us this year. Immortal and last year's show (can't remember the name.... beyond the veil?) were just fantastic.

6. Coppell: I want them to be higher and get back to their old levels of success, similar to Bell's rising back up after a hiccup year. I think this year could go very well for them. They're one of the few bands that releases videos from every performance, including games, and they just look.... fun. I don't think they'll beat Bell, but 6th or 7th seems to be a very realistic spot.

7: Wakeland: Fantastic program that had a hiccup last year and missed finals here by 1 spot. And what was that hiccup? Oh, just their entire staff changing. And they still had a fantastic season. Can't wait to see what they can do now that they've settled a little.

8: Keller Central: They always do really well at early season BOA contests. Great concepts, fun shows, and a successful program.

9: Waxahachie: They're off some people's radars, but they'll be making for a top 5 bid at 5A state now that some of the Leander schools have moved up to 6A. They've been doing great stuff the past few years, I don't think this year will be any different.

10(?): Vista Ridge: Amazing band who is facing a horrible performance time, as well as travel. If they had a better performance time, I could see them being higher- actually, they're such an awesome group I can still them being higher than 10. But I really do feel bad for those kids.

10(?): Duncanville: A great, consistently successful band. The only obstacle they face is a brutal performance slot, which can just destroy some bands. Also, this is their first BOA contest in a long time, which doesn't always work out well. I can see them sneaking in to finals, but to be honest, it'll be tough to get ahead of some of these other groups.

I wouldn't discount Plano East this year. Last year, they had a visual designer crap out on them mid-season after only designing 1/4 of the show. A new guy came in mid-September and helped them advance to state. My sources tell me that new visual designer took over their guard program this year—which has been a rough spot in the band program for the last few years. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a strong showing this year.

Glad to hear this.   I ended up loving their show last year when they finally finished it.  I don't have anymore kids there, but was there for their "The Bells" and "PUSH" shows.    I just know that this DFW BOA contest is so early that I wonder whether PESH will even have their show done in time as the usually take longer to put it together.       

As a DFW native, I'm changing my predictions slightly now that we've seen some things (also to revive some discussion in this thread hopefully):

1. Flomo: This contest is theirs to lose. From what we've seen the past few years from them, especially last year, they will be the band to beat, bar none, at this contest. I could definitely see a situation where Marcus or Hebron edges them out, but honestly, Flomo has a great chance of winning it all.

2. Marcus: They usually seem to be cleaner than Hebron early season, and being a Grand Nats season for them, they're going to be going hard this year. Also, they'll be out for blood after state last year. They have such a fantastically consistent program, but so does Hebron, and Hebron could definitely grab the silver from them. But, I think Marcus is going to be in second.

3. Hebron: They're amazing. Nothing much else to say. The three LISD powerhouses could switch up 1-3 between themselves, but in my opinion, this is the most likely matchup.

4. Keller: I'm gonna place Keller a little higher than others have been here. I think their program, over the past two years especially, has been achieving amazing things. Last year was one of my favorite shows of all time, and if they continue to improve off it, they'll be a total powerhouse soon.

5. Bell: Last year was great for them. They'll be back very strong once again. I can totally see them and Keller switching, but I don't think they're quite ready to break into the top 3 again. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us this year. Immortal and last year's show (can't remember the name.... beyond the veil?) were just fantastic.

6. Coppell: I want them to be higher and get back to their old levels of success, similar to Bell's rising back up after a hiccup year. I think this year could go very well for them. They're one of the few bands that releases videos from every performance, including games, and they just look.... fun. I don't think they'll beat Bell, but 6th or 7th seems to be a very realistic spot.

7: Wakeland: Fantastic program that had a hiccup last year and missed finals here by 1 spot. And what was that hiccup? Oh, just their entire staff changing. And they still had a fantastic season. Can't wait to see what they can do now that they've settled a little.

8: Keller Central: They always do really well at early season BOA contests. Great concepts, fun shows, and a successful program.

9: Waxahachie: They're off some people's radars, but they'll be making for a top 5 bid at 5A state now that some of the Leander schools have moved up to 6A. They've been doing great stuff the past few years, I don't think this year will be any different.

10(?): Vista Ridge: Amazing band who is facing a horrible performance time, as well as travel. If they had a better performance time, I could see them being higher- actually, they're such an awesome group I can still them being higher than 10. But I really do feel bad for those kids.

10(?): Duncanville: A great, consistently successful band. The only obstacle they face is a brutal performance slot, which can just destroy some bands. Also, this is their first BOA contest in a long time, which doesn't always work out well. I can see them sneaking in to finals, but to be honest, it'll be tough to get ahead of some of these other groups.

I agree with your point on Vista. They're a good program and I always love their shows, but I wonder if their performance time is going to meddle with their full potential. Overall really strong predictions.

I'm getting really pumped, especially looking at the prediction analysis!  This is going to be a TOUGH competition, but knowing that the top 10 predicted for Austin were indeed the top 10 finishers, I am hoping that will also be true for DFW.

Exactly my thoughts. This is going to be a great contest. I'll be watching from home.

I was at the Keller ISD Marching Expo tonight, and although I haven't seen any of the bands going to BOA Southlake other than the 4 Keller ISD schools and LD Bell, I would be shocked if Timber Creek doesn't make finals here. I thought they looked and sounded spectacular. I'm really excited to see where they place and what they have in store for the future. They seem to continue improving at a substantial rate year over year. 

I was at the Keller ISD Marching Expo tonight, and although I haven't seen any of the bands going to BOA Southlake other than the 4 Keller ISD schools and LD Bell, I would be shocked if Timber Creek doesn't make finals here. I thought they looked and sounded spectacular. I'm really excited to see where they place and what they have in store for the future. They seem to continue improving at a substantial rate year over year.

LD Bell is on the up and up this year. I'm ready to see what they can manage this season.

That's exciting! I hope that Timber Creek does well! How did Keller look?

I have to agree. I went tonight as my sibling was in one of the middle school performing bands and I was shocked to say the least. I graduated a few years ago but they are practically an entirely different group now! So impressed and excited for them. Mrs.McBryde and staff are doing great things over there. Keller was also amazing as usual. Very different show from them this year. Should be an interesting competition!

I’m extremely excited to attend this contest. It will be my very first BOA that I have been to in the DFW metroplex. Lots of great bands here and I am trying to mentally prepare myself.

Here are my predictions;

1. Flower Mound H.S., TX

2. Hebron H.S., TX

3. Marcus H.S., TX

4. LD Bell H.S., TX

5. Keller H.S., TX

6. Coppell H.S., TX

7. Vista Ridge H.S., TX

8. Wakeland H.S., TX

9. Duncanville H.S., TX

10. Keller Timber Creek H.S., TX

———————————————

11. James Martin H.S., TX

12. Keller Central H.S., TX

13. Waxahachie H.S. TX

14. Pflugerville H.S., TX

15. Plano East H.S., TX

I’m extremely excited to attend this contest. It will be my very first BOA that I have been to in the DFW metroplex. Lots of great bands here and I am trying to mentally prepare myself.

Here are my predictions;

1. Flower Mound H.S., TX

2. Hebron H.S., TX

3. Marcus H.S., TX

4. LD Bell H.S., TX

5. Keller H.S., TX

6. Coppell H.S., TX

7. Vista Ridge H.S., TX

8. Wakeland H.S., TX

9. Duncanville H.S., TX

10. Keller Timber Creek H.S., TX

———————————————

11. James Martin H.S., TX

12. Keller Central H.S., TX

13. Waxahachie H.S. TX

14. Pflugerville H.S., TX

15. Plano East H.S., TX

Haven't seen a lot of these shows this year but going off last year's shows this looks about right.