2017 BOA Atlanta

A long time ago, I tried to tell everyone that Haltom was gonna make some noise in Atlanta.

Wow....did they EVER!!!

Congrats to Haltom!!!

Yes, indeed they did! They are short-changed quite often but hopefully after being crowned Grand Champions in two contests and medaling in an extremely difficult BOA contest, they'll gain more respect across the board. I'm very impressed with what they've done, not just during the years my kids were involved but now that my kids are done - they continue to grow and improve (and all w/ keeping their band fees super cheap!!!) May the continue with their success for years to come! 

Proud of you, Pride of Haltom!!! :D

I’m happy with the way Texas bands placed! With a medal from Haltom which is great for them they proved horn rank very wrong...

I don't think they proved Horn rank wrong. I think they just were finally (hopefully!) able to establish a place in the top 30. Like football rankings, they change from week to week depending on how the "team" is currently doing. But best wishes to Haltom for future growth and a steady climb up the rankings ladder! :)

I don't think they proved Horn rank wrong. I think they just were finally (hopefully!) able to establish a place in the top 30. Like football rankings, they change from week to week depending on how the "team" is currently doing. But best wishes to Haltom for future growth and a steady climb up the rankings ladder! :)

I think you are right about that but I can’t wait for them next year to see what they got for State Marching Contest!

Park Vista! LOVED how they used it too!

Oh yes, Park Vista, Florida. Fabulous program! Now I must go see if Dan the Band Man has put that one up on DaTube.

Hmmmmm....Dan the Band Man...is that one of OUR Daniels??

Found it. Yep, this one was fantastic. I could see Cedar Park taking a show like this one on and running away with it!

https://youtu.be/z5uYfY58VzI

You were Correct Haltom is now in the top 30.

• 3 months later...

Haltom is done for the season, but i am interested in seeing how CR does in San Antonio. Surely they won't make an 88.60 because that would put them over bands like round rock and cedar park. At least finals from last year show's that. Last year cypress falls had an 84 and they were 14th.

I love going through old threads and rereading takes like this.