2017 BOA Atlanta

I'm no expert on the southeast, but after snooping around a bit and watching some videos, here's a rough prediction of how I think it'll go down-

1. Tarpon Springs HS, FL

2. Wando HS, SC

3. Cedar Ridge HS, TX

4. Park Vista HS, FL

5. Keller Central HS, TX

6. Haltom HS, TX

7. Walton HS, GA

8. James F. Byrnes HS, SC

9. Fort Mill HS, SC

10. Lafayette HS, LA

Of course, this is all dependent on where this event ends up being held. Will be interesting to see if anyone drops out if MFA can't secure Mercedes Benz (which at this point seems very likely) Strange to see Harrison skipping this one, and even stranger to predict Kennesaw Mountain to miss finals, but unless they drastically improve from last season, I don't see them surviving the cut down from 12 finalists to 10.

Tarpon likely remains unbeatable, though Wando was much closer to them than many would have thought last season, and are absolutely the only other group here that could pull off a win. Could definitely see Park Vista in the top 3, but I think Cedar Ridge will shine here. People seem down on them lately, but I think this will likely serve as a reminder of how competitive they still are.

Keller Central and Haltom both feel like finals locks, and will likely end up duking it out for a spot in the top half of finals, though I could possibly see Walton challenging them, as a- they are great and have been forever, and b- they're headed to Grand Nats- and bands typically see a boost in Nats years, as they usually bring their very best to the table. 

People have been down on Lafayette as well, and they may not be the national finalists they were a few years ago, but I still think they'll make the cut, though there are others i could see in the top 10 (like Blue Springs South.) I see Trinity with a strong finish somewhere in the teens, but you never know- I don't think many people thought Sherman would be as close to Atlanta finals as they were last year.

I'm no expert on the southeast, but after snooping around a bit and watching some videos, here's a rough prediction of how I think it'll go down-

1. Tarpon Springs HS, FL

2. Wando HS, SC

3. Cedar Ridge HS, TX

4. Park Vista HS, FL

5. Keller Central HS, TX

6. Haltom HS, TX

7. Walton HS, GA

8. James F. Byrnes HS, SC

9. Fort Mill HS, SC

10. Lafayette HS, LA

Of course, this is all dependent on where this event ends up being held. Will be interesting to see if anyone drops out if MFA can't secure Mercedes Benz (which at this point seems very likely) Strange to see Harrison skipping this one, and even stranger to predict Kennesaw Mountain to miss finals, but unless they drastically improve from last season, I don't see them surviving the cut down from 12 finalists to 10.

Tarpon likely remains unbeatable, though Wando was much closer to them than many would have thought last season, and are absolutely the only other group here that could pull off a win. Could definitely see Park Vista in the top 3, but I think Cedar Ridge will shine here. People seem down on them lately, but I think this will likely serve as a reminder of how competitive they still are.

Keller Central and Haltom both feel like finals locks, and will likely end up duking it out for a spot in the top half of finals, though I could possibly see Walton challenging them, as a- they are great and have been forever, and b- they're headed to Grand Nats- and bands typically see a boost in Nats years, as they usually bring their very best to the table.

People have been down on Lafayette as well, and they may not be the national finalists they were a few years ago, but I still think they'll make the cut, though there are others i could see in the top 10 (like Blue Springs South.) I see Trinity with a strong finish somewhere in the teens, but you never know- I don't think many people thought Sherman would be as close to Atlanta finals as they were last year.

Where do you think it will occur if they can't get the Mercedes-Benz Stadium (Still can't use quotes right on this website)

There aren't a lot of great alternatives. The closest domed stadium is Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, FL, which isn't ideal for many reasons (centrality, and the fact that it's a baseball stadium chief among them) Though, BOA has hosted regionals there in the past. A domed stadium is pretty necessary for a super regional, and is one of they key draws for bands outside the Atlanta region to attend, and the fact that Atlanta is officially no longer a super regional is discouraging. It will likely end up being held at some college facility either in or near Atlanta. 

Why isn't it a super regional anymore?

I'm not entirely sure but I would imagine it's the uncertainty of the venue combined with smaller attendance numbers. Lately, the number of bands have been in the mid 30s, something you'd expect from a Texas mid season regional as opposed to the 60+ that attend the other super regionals

• 3 weeks later...

1. Tarpon springs

2-4 . I've watched from other years past and I believe it's gonna be between cedar ridge , haltom , and Wando

5. Possibly Keller central but from what I saw last year they need a lot of improvement .

This is gonna be a great boa and I can't wait to see what each band come out with

• 5 weeks later...

And also if it's Keller Central you are talking about, they are usually a finalist band so they are most likely moving to another competition.

It's actually a dead weekend in the state because of Area competitions, so I believe they'll take the weekend off to prepare for San Antonio. Perhaps they'll go to a USBands competition, but I doubt it.

Edit: oops didn't realize DMI was that weekend