4. Round Rock Hs

5. Cedar Park Hs

6. Bowie Hs

7. Winston Churchill Hs

8. Westlake Hs

9. Hendrickson Hs

10. Vista Ridge/ Cedar Ridge

Why?

1. Leander was on fire last year placing in finals at Grand Nats last year. They also have been improving every year and I believe that this year will really be big for them and I can't wait to see what they do. I mean their whole brass section is coming along really well.

2. CTJ had a rough start placing 3rd last year at boa Austin, which is not where they want to be but I think with a lot of new faces and talents, they can really strive and b a front runner this year. They have such great guard members who always perform with great emotion.

3. Coming off of a 1st place finish at finals last year and a good senior class last year, I think Vandy will generate a lot of good energy to keep this going. There percussion have been extraordinary this year from videos and I expect good things. with such a huge and great senior class last year I wonder how they are filling in those spots?

4. Round Rock High school had a kinda slow year last year but they are expected to compete in Grand Nats this year so I'm assuming for a great first show at boa Austin this year and their guard have gotten really good in the last year or two.

5. Cedar Park is coming off from an amazing show that placed them in finals of grand Nats last year and they have been improving on their sounds and I think it will really come along this year. I'm hoping for. A great show from the students and a great crowd of fans. Not to mention their percussion is amazing.

6. Bowie High schools pop show last year was so intriguing and it placed them into semi finals at last years grand Nats. I can't wait to see there show this year and their guard is world renowned and perform at one of the highest levels.

7. Winston Churchill band went to every single Texas regional last year expept for McAllen and they placed in finals every time. That is huge for a band in arguably the toughest state for marching band. They are also expected to perform at grand Nats this year and I'm exited to see their show this year.

8. Westlake High School is one of only 15 schools across the nation to receive the sudlers flag and the sudlers shield by the John Phillips Sousa foundation. That is an amazing award and they made finals last year at boa Austin beating consistent schools such as Cedar ridge, Dripping Springs, and even beat Hendrickson during prelims. They have an amazing group of front ensemble players and battery players this year. Not to mention they beat amazing bands such as Vandegrift, Leander, and vista ridge for marching at area. I exited to see what they have to bring to the field this year.

9. Hendrickson is one of those schools that is expected to make finals most every time because of their excellence in music ability. They often perform with high levels of energy and they have really good battery this year that I'm real exited to see a boa this this year.

10. Now I couldn't decide between vista and cedar ridge because they have always been real close with each other during prelims and finals. It really depends on how fast each band is moving no how clean their drill can be. Vista always has an amazing low brass section and cedar ridge is always performing with high energy and beautiful ballads. So I'm still undecided at the moment.

That is my rundown this year. In my opinion of course :)

My Predictions

1. Leander Hs

2. Claudia T. Johnson Hs

3. Vandegrift Hs

4. Round Rock Hs

5. Cedar Park Hs

6. Bowie Hs

7. Winston Churchill Hs

8. Westlake Hs

9. Hendrickson Hs

10. Vista Ridge/ Cedar Ridge

Why?

1. Leander was on fire last year placing in finals at Grand Nats last year. They also have been improving every year and I believe that this year will really be big for them and I can't wait to see what they do. I mean their whole brass section is coming along really well.

2. CTJ had a rough start placing 3rd last year at boa Austin, which is not where they want to be but I think with a lot of new faces and talents, they can really strive and b a front runner this year. They have such great guard members who always perform with great emotion.

3. Coming off of a 1st place finish at finals last year and a good senior class last year, I think Vandy will generate a lot of good energy to keep this going. There percussion have been extraordinary this year from videos and I expect good things. with such a huge and great senior class last year I wonder how they are filling in those spots?

4. Round Rock High school had a kinda slow year last year but they are expected to compete in Grand Nats this year so I'm assuming for a great first show at boa Austin this year and their guard have gotten really good in the last year or two.

5. Cedar Park is coming off from an amazing show that placed them in finals of grand Nats last year and they have been improving on their sounds and I think it will really come along this year. I'm hoping for. A great show from the students and a great crowd of fans. Not to mention their percussion is amazing.

6. Bowie High schools pop show last year was so intriguing and it placed them into semi finals at last years grand Nats. I can't wait to see there show this year and their guard is world renowned and perform at one of the highest levels.

7. Winston Churchill band went to every single Texas regional last year expept for McAllen and they placed in finals every time. That is huge for a band in arguably the toughest state for marching band. They are also expected to perform at grand Nats this year and I'm exited to see their show this year.

8. Westlake High School is one of only 15 schools across the nation to receive the sudlers flag and the sudlers shield by the John Phillips Sousa foundation. That is an amazing award and they made finals last year at boa Austin beating consistent schools such as Cedar ridge, Dripping Springs, and even beat Hendrickson during prelims. They have an amazing group of front ensemble players and battery players this year. Not to mention they beat amazing bands such as Vandegrift, Leander, and vista ridge for marching at area. I exited to see what they have to bring to the field this year.

9. Hendrickson is one of those schools that is expected to make finals most every time because of their excellence in music ability. They often perform with high levels of energy and they have really good battery this year that I'm real exited to see a boa this this year.

10. Now I couldn't decide between vista and cedar ridge because they have always been real close with each other during prelims and finals. It really depends on how fast each band is moving no how clean their drill can be. Vista always has an amazing low brass section and cedar ridge is always performing with high energy and beautiful ballads. So I'm still undecided at the moment.

That is my rundown this year. In my opinion of course :)

I totally agree with CTJ. They stumbled in the beginning of the season, but started to pick themselves up to totally rock the rest of the season. 

Unpopular opinion, but I didn't really feel Hendrickson. They were very good, I just was not a fan of the show.

With Vista and Cedar Ridge, you're also very right. They both grew into their shows and CR ended up doing very well at State UIL (I can't say the same for CTJ, haha). I loved VR's theme and their music. A show I could watch over and over.

Overall, I think your predictions are pretty accurate to how BOA Austin will play out. I'm excited!

1. Leander Hs

2. Claudia T. Johnson Hs

3. Vandegrift Hs

4. Round Rock Hs

5. Cedar Park Hs

6. Bowie Hs

7. Winston Churchill Hs

8. Westlake Hs

9. Hendrickson Hs

10. Pioneer Hs

I think it's going to be super tight between the top 5 and ANY of them could win. I'm thinking Vandy takes it again tho obviously I hope Leander repeats our 2015 win. Truly tho, it could be ANY of those top 5. Or Bowie! Or Hendrickson! Dang, this prediction stuff is hard. :/

Personally ill hold off on predictions until a week before the event (otherwise known as once I can find a video of everybody that I think will be in finals) but I will say this. I think if the competition were this Saturday Leander would be on top. They are firing on all cylinders early. Whether or not they keep that up or if vandy or ctj can pull ahead remains to be seen. Gonna be another crazy year.

I cannot wait for this contest!! McNeil H.S. does such a fantastic job running the event and the performances are always quite memorable. And holy crap, this contest has some of the BEST concessions!!! Bush's Chicken Tender Rolls are sinfully delicious!

I look forward to seeing you all there :)

Haha! Yep, that Bush's chicken is good stuff!! We serve it at Leander football game concessions too. I always crack up when the game announcer says in his extreme Texas drawl, "that first down is brought to you by Bush's Chicken." :)

Seriously tho, McNeil HS does an outstanding job hosting BOA Austin, and Kelly Reeves stadium is an awesome venue. It's just a fabulous competition in every way.

Don't forget about the kettle corn!

Haha! Yep, that Bush's chicken is good stuff!! We serve it at Leander football game concessions too. I always crack up when the game announcer says in his extreme Texas drawl, "that first down is brought to you by Bush's Chicken." :)

Seriously tho, McNeil HS does an outstanding job hosting BOA Austin, and Kelly Reeves stadium is an awesome venue. It's just a fabulous competition in every way.

Don't forget about the kettle corn!

That kettle corn will make you weak in the knees!

You guys, what happened to Pflugerville? I just remember a few years ago they were surprisingly good all of a sudden, but I haven't heard much out of them in recent years.

That kettle corn will make you weak in the knees!

The Duncanville contest kettle corn definitely did that to me. It was always the best to get monster-sized bags of it to last the whole day!

You guys, what happened to Pflugerville? I just remember a few years ago they were surprisingly good all of a sudden, but I haven't heard much out of them in recent years.

The Duncanville contest kettle corn definitely did that to me. It was always the best to get monster-sized bags of it to last the whole day!

Pflugerville got 48th last year in San Antonio and 16th in Austin. I enjoyed their show last year, but unfortunately now can't really remember it. Saw them again last Thursday at the Leander vs Pflugerville football game and I can't even remember their show. Oh, except one of their cheerleaders marches and plays trumpet at halftime in her cheer costume. I thought that was pretty cool.

And yes, you gotta get the jumbo bag of kettle corn and eat it ALL DAY!

I'm going to put some predictions out there. These are based on the little I've seen from these groups, plus some stuff thrown in for fun (predictions are more fun if they're bold right?)

I haven't seen much of CTJ's show despite living so close, they're my biggest wild card right now. Leander and Vandegrift are VERY hard to decide between. If I had to pick right now, I'd say Leander wins Music, Vandy wins Visual. For funsies let's say CTJ takes General Effect. Those three in any order you please. Round Rock edges out Cedar Park for fourth, Bowie takes 6th above Hendrickson. Churchill and Vista Ridge fight for 8th, but Vista gets it. I feel like 10th may be a surprise, though it may just be Cedar Ridge again. I'll put Westlake there and I'm gonna throw Tom Glenn in the mix for potential finalists.

1. Vandegrift

2. CTJ

3. Leander

4. Round Rock

5. Cedar Park

6. Bowie

7. Hendrickson

8. Vista Ridge

9. Churchill

10. Westlake

Music: Leander

Visual: Vandegrift

General Effect: CTJ

I'm going to put some predictions out there. These are based on the little I've seen from these groups, plus some stuff thrown in for fun (predictions are more fun if they're bold right?)

I haven't seen much of CTJ's show despite living so close, they're my biggest wild card right now. Leander and Vandegrift are VERY hard to decide between. If I had to pick right now, I'd say Leander wins Music, Vandy wins Visual. For funsies let's say CTJ takes General Effect. Those three in any order you please. Round Rock edges out Cedar Park for fourth, Bowie takes 6th above Hendrickson. Churchill and Vista Ridge fight for 8th, but Vista gets it. I feel like 10th may be a surprise, though it may just be Cedar Ridge again. I'll put Westlake there and I'm gonna throw Tom Glenn in the mix for potential finalists.

1. Vandegrift

2. CTJ

3. Leander

4. Round Rock

5. Cedar Park

6. Bowie

7. Hendrickson

8. Vista Ridge

9. Churchill

10. Westlake

I really like this, but am curious as to where you would put Pioneer at.

I think they are definitely in contention for finals or just generally a good placement in prelims with their recent insane improvements. Pioneer, Tom Glenn, Westlake, Cedar Ridge, and more could all take that last spot I'm, but only if their prelims performance is really good. It's going to be hard with all 10 finalists returning.

I think they are definitely in contention for finals or just generally a good placement in prelims with their recent insane improvements. Pioneer, Tom Glenn, Westlake, Cedar Ridge, and more could all take that last spot I'm, but only if their prelims performance is really good. It's going to be hard with all 10 finalists returning.

I would also factor if Rouse for that last spot. They were 11th last year.

1. Vandegrift

2. CTJ

3. Leander

4. Round Rock

5. Cedar Park

6. Bowie

7. Hendrickson

8. Vista Ridge

9. Churchill

10. Westlake

1. Vandegrift

2. CTJ

3. Leander

4. Round Rock

5. Cedar Park

6. Bowie

7. Hendrickson

8. Vista Ridge

9. Churchill

10. Westlake

I agree with what you've got here. Historically all of these bands have performed really well at BOA Austin. Every year it gets a little more competitive. I do think Cedar Ridge has the potential to edge out Westlake, or even Churchill if they have a really good prelims performance. They're starting to look up.

I'm also feeling CTJ this year. I think they'll beat out Vandegrift this year. Vandy's show is interesting, but I just love CTJ's.

However, I'm not so sure about the Hendrickson ranking. They definitely belong in finals as they're quite good, but not as high as you placed them.

But like you said, what fun is predictions if they're not a little bold :)