Personal anecdotes about The Woodlands marching band the last 3 years:

Conversation with my wife in 2015 - She says "I don't think they are doing enough with their drill - not sure if they can make finals at GN". They squeaked in.

Conversation with my wife in 2016 - We just looked at each other with eyebrows raised - we were both thinking that show could be really good. And it got there at the end.

Conversation with my wife in 2017 - me: "Do they have a chance to take the eagle?" her: "They have a chance".

This will be a late blooming show, designed to peak at Indianapolis. But being clean now means more effect add later. I'm excited to finally see the show other than at a football game (so they'll have mostly completed props on the field). Of course, they have an away game on the 6th at Lufkin, so they'll be getting back home around 1 am Saturday morning. I vaguely remember being that young and being able to function at a high level with just 3 or 4 hours of sleep, so I think they'll be fine. I also prefer this to 2 years ago when they had a game Saturday night and therefore skipped finals. I know I am a heretic, but I prefer marching contests to football games...

I can't wait to see you guys and I'm predicting a definite top 3 finish for TWHS!!

(I prefer the competitions myself). ;)

For those of you wondering about Reagan, neisd has their fall marching festival on Tuesday for anyone to come watch. All neisd bands should be performing, and you will be able to truly see what James Madison's show is really like instead of going off of the disaster that happened yesterday barring that it doesn't happen again.

I watched every band in finals. It was only Leander and CTJ. Vandegrift did not (although you would think they did based on output alone).

I'm not thrilled by it, but I think it's going to be the way it is for band and DCI (five of the top six corps this year, plus Phantom) from now on. 

Auto-Tune for the new frontier anyone?

I definitely see Vandegrift, Leander, TWHS, Round Rock, and Ronald Reagan fighting for the top spots. We have not seen TWHS or Reagan this year, so I can't place them yet. But, I wouldn't be shocked seeing Vandegrift Winning the music caption!

I agree that those 5 will be at the top - I have to think that TWHS and Round Rock will come out swinging with GNats planned later this year. Vandegrift has a great chance to take music - they were amazing.

Reagan and TWHS are the wildcards are we have not seen their show in a competition yet this year - Leander show was great in Austin and will have 2 more weeks of work.

looking forward to a VERY competitive event on Saturday

I'm not sure about that. I can't see them beating groups like Hendrickson or Bowie or Churchill just yet. I could see them cracking finals, but the top half is a completely different story.

I'm not sure about that. I can't see them beating groups like Hendrickson or Bowie or Churchill just yet. I could see them cracking finals, but the top half is a completely different story.

They call it a hot take for a reason. I doubt it'll happen, but you never know. (E.g. Southlake Regional)