Full Coppell announcement from them:

21231156_1656409747736786_7733024642540121231279_1656409834403444_12780358344748

Theme sounds awesome, has the potential to be incredibly exciting musically but also visually, tons of cool and exciting visual aesthetic possibilities in the guard and whatever else they use prop wise.  

It seems like they're expanding their musical genre usage, if you woulda told me a few years ago that Coppell would be playing Beethoven paired with Madonna I woulda asked if we were talking about the same Coppell.  This is pretty exciting, I love love loved Egmont when Cedar Park used it back in 2015, thinking about Coppell using that with their numbers and brass is............very exciting.  This is gonna be fun.  

Remember when 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' was about to come out and Disney was giving us practically ZERO info about it and was doing anything and everything it could to stop leaks?  Why would they do that?  Some people assumed "Because spoilers!", and though that's on the right track, that's not exactly it.  Disney spent 4.5 billion dollars on the SW brand plus $250 million more for the cost of the first film....How well Force Awakens did in the theatres would set the stage for how their merchandising engine would perform, how well future movies would sell and determine whether or not Disney would make back their investment.

And that's all dependent on emotional impact.  The impact of seeing practical effects mixed with special effects.  The impact of seeing that special twist ending you didn't see coming.  And especially the impact of seeing certain characters on the screen for the first time since the last time...to trigger that all-important nostalgia factor that this generation of movie-goers place a lot of value on. That impact doesn't happen if you go in with all that knowledge ahead of time.  And the impact lessens each time you see the film.

Now take that back to marching band.  GE is a heavily weighted score in many marching band contests and is the score most dependent on emotional impact of the music and visual.  Schools invest a lot of money into appropriate show design to maximize this emotional impact and boost those scores.  It's in the band's best interest for the judges to not have seen their show until the competition itself.  Minimizing internet presence of their show is a part of that strategy.

And that's all dependent on emotional impact. The impact of seeing practical effects mixed with special effects. The impact of seeing that special twist ending you didn't see coming. And especially the impact of seeing certain characters on the screen for the first time since the last time...to trigger that all-important nostalgia factor that this generation of movie-goers place a lot of value on. That impact doesn't happen if you go in with all that knowledge ahead of time. And the impact lessens each time you see the film.

Now take that back to marching band. GE is a heavily weighted score in many marching band contests and is the score most dependent on emotional impact of the music and visual. Schools invest a lot of money into appropriate show design to maximize this emotional impact and boost those scores. It's in the band's best interest for the judges to not have seen their show until the competition itself. Minimizing internet presence of their show is a part of that strategy.

Many people agree with that, but I personally enjoy a big moment even more when I know it's coming, but is achieved at a higher level than I previously saw. I also tend to notice new things every time I watch a show and enjoy the show even more. Heck, there's even shows I marched in that I go back and watch videos of and am like "Woah, that's cool. I never knew we did that."

Remember when 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' was about to come out and Disney was giving us practically ZERO info about it and was doing anything and everything it could to stop leaks?  Why would they do that?  Some people assumed "Because spoilers!", and though that's on the right track, that's not exactly it.  Disney spent 4.5 billion dollars on the SW brand plus $250 million more for the cost of the first film....How well Force Awakens did in the theatres would set the stage for how their merchandising engine would perform, how well future movies would sell and determine whether or not Disney would make back their investment.

And that's all dependent on emotional impact.  The impact of seeing practical effects mixed with special effects.  The impact of seeing that special twist ending you didn't see coming.  And especially the impact of seeing certain characters on the screen for the first time since the last time...to trigger that all-important nostalgia factor that this generation of movie-goers place a lot of value on. That impact doesn't happen if you go in with all that knowledge ahead of time.  And the impact lessens each time you see the film.

Now take that back to marching band.  GE is a heavily weighted score in many marching band contests and is the score most dependent on emotional impact of the music and visual.  Schools invest a lot of money into appropriate show design to maximize this emotional impact and boost those scores.  It's in the band's best interest for the judges to not have seen their show until the competition itself.  Minimizing internet presence of their show is a part of that strategy.

That's a nice sentiment, but there are only so many judges. I just looked at the Texas BOA judges from last year, and there are a bunch of repeats from week to week. Forget seeing an early season video, a lot of judges see shows live. I wish every judge at every competition was seeing every show for the first time, but it just can't happen.

An update of James Madison's (SA) Show.

- "Nocturnal Creature" -

Music:

Prokofiev's "Scythian Suite"

Saint-Saëns "Danse Macabre"

Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata"

Carol Brittin Chambers' "Nocturnal Creature"

A piece from one of the Final Fantasies. I'm not too sure, but I believe it's from Final Fantasy IV.

A piece from one of the Final Fantasies. I'm not too sure, but I believe it's from Final Fantasy IV.

That has me very intrigued. The music in FF4 (FF2 in the US) was very emotional.

Into The Darkness would fit with the theme, but others would work well too like Fight1 and Fight2 or even Dancing Calcobrena.

That has me very intrigued. The music in FF4 (FF2 in the US) was very emotional.

Into The Darkness would fit with the theme, but others would work well too like Fight1 and Fight2 or even Dancing Calcobrena.

Coming from my director, aparently the piece was in FF: The Spirits Within. Can you conclude any piece that was in this movie that could fit the theme?

PS. Sorry, I have absolutely no knowledge about the Final Fantasy collection, that's why I sound so lost.

Coming from my director, aparently the piece was in FF: The Spirits Within. Can you conclude any piece that was in this movie that could fit the theme?

PS. Sorry, I have absolutely no knowledge about the Final Fantasy collection, that's why I sound so lost.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within was a 2001 film based on the games which had music by film composer Elliot Goldenthal.  Pretty forgettable score to be honest.

The score to most of the Final Fantasy videogames was done by Japanese composer Nobuo Uematsu.

Blue Knights 2016 did 2 selections from 'The Spirits Within'.  You could check that show out and see if there's anything you recognize.