#TeamTexas at WGI 2017!

Yeah, Pride just about nailed it. I'd give it to them. What Pride does with the equipment is just so much more difficult than what Aimachi does with it. And the show is so interesting, so engaging -- unlike anything I've seen before. On the flip side, Aimachi is always a huge crowd favorite, and the energy in the room was palpable. That counts for something. That, and their performance was on point. We'll see!

I love how they zoomed in on the Japanese flag at the start of Aimachi's performance. "It's Japan's year!" it seemed to scream. Even though I personally prefer POC, I wouldn't mind it going to Aimachi, if only because it'd be a first. The world championships have for so long barely been a world championship. It's pretty much just a national contest with *occasional* appearances by groups outside of America. Maybe Aimachi's success will make it seem like less of an American thing, which could help attract new participants. Of course, that's not why Aimachi should win; it's just a potential outcome of them winning.

Yes, a wonderful improvement from CGT Dallas. They really made a statement about themselves this year. Congrats to them!

Scores were definitely closer at the top than I was expecting, at least in the Scholastic class. Carmel's 97.550 to Avon's 97.0, and Pride of Cincinnati's 97.9 to Aimachi's 97.650. Avon actually beat Carmel in Equipment Analysis. I didn't see that coming. Meanwhile, Aimachi took both Movement Analysis and General Effect, but lost the gold due to Equipment Analysis (especially) and Design Analysis. No surprises there. Furthermore, Aimachi took Effect on the strength of Performance as opposed to Repertoire. Again, not a surprise. They might not have won the title, but this is Aimachi's best showing ever. Huge congrats to them!

Well, it was fun talking to myself for most of this thread! There wasn't as much interest as I was expecting, but who cares. Congrats to all of the performers on a great season!

Some of us lurkers enjoyed your commentary. Thanks!

=o)

Yes, a wonderful improvement from CGT Dallas. They really made a statement about themselves this year. Congrats to them!

Scores were definitely closer at the top than I was expecting, at least in the Scholastic class. Carmel's 97.550 to Avon's 97.0, and Pride of Cincinnati's 97.9 to Aimachi's 97.650. Avon actually beat Carmel in Equipment Analysis. I didn't see that coming. Meanwhile, Aimachi took both Movement Analysis and General Effect, but lost the gold due to Equipment Analysis (especially) and Design Analysis. No surprises there. Furthermore, Aimachi took Effect on the strength of Performance as opposed to Repertoire. Again, not a surprise. They might not have won the title, but this is Aimachi's best showing ever. Huge congrats to them!

Well, it was fun talking to myself for most of this thread! There wasn't as much interest as I was expecting, but who cares. Congrats to all of the performers on a great season!

This was my first time watching so maybe I'll join in more next year. Loved it!

And here I was complaining about how there was too much talking in POC's soundtrack. It's actually part of the piece! Interesting! That's the great thing about following activities like DCI, WGI, and BOA: because the shows are designed by knowledgeable people (especially knowledgeable music majors), you get introduced to all sorts of new music. Thanks to WGI this year, I'll be exploring Rzewski's other work now, as well as Shirley Horn's work, which was featured in Aimachi's show, May the Music Never End.