AVON AT BOA SA?????

That show is a top 5 favorite for me! Absolutely fantastic in every way.

Yes, in EVERY way.  They looked and sounded like a drum corp.  Definitely just added that one to my top 5 list as well.  Actually I don't have a top 5 list yet, but I'm gonna get one.   :lol:

I'd love to ask one of them how uncomfortable were those gold masks?!  

And yet they didn't win a single music judge?

It would be great if their show is that engaging and well-performed. Even if we don't (or even if we do) outscore them, it will be a treat to see them 5 times during that week in November.

Oh that's right. You guys are headed to GN this year. Bring the Eagle back to Texas!!

This was when Marcus was completely on fire and they handily took the music caption that year (which was absolutely the right call).

Ah. I've read about that time - thanks. Went looking for their show, and found 2008 and 2010, but not 2009. I would like to listen to that performance.

Oh that's right. You guys are headed to GN this year. Bring the Eagle back to Texas!!

Yes. Looking forward to going back. I've not been to San Antonio yet, so this will be the first time for me to be in person. Went to Indy in 2015 - wonderful experience. I think GN Saturday may be the single best day of marching band...

Yes. Looking forward to going back. I've not been to San Antonio yet, so this will be the first time for me to be in person. Went to Indy in 2015 - wonderful experience. I think GN Saturday may be the single best day of marching band...

Having experienced both over the years, I have to agree about GN Saturday. However, BOA SA comes in a VERY close second!!! :)

Jeremiah, how did I not know HornRank was your website??!! That's fantastic! And you're right. The format is SO much easier to read than BOA. thank you!!

Oh my gosh the formatting on BOA score sheets are terrible. They aren't in placement order. They're not even in alphabetical order! Hornrank is my savior haha.

Oh my gosh the formatting on BOA score sheets are terrible. They aren't in placement order. They're not even in alphabetical order! Hornrank is my savior haha.

Yes I've always HATED trying to read thru the BOA result sheets. I'll be going to HornRank from now on. I never realized that info was available in such an easy to read format there!

I will say the one bonus to the BOA sheets are that they're in performance order, which is handy if you're trying to assess score trends (like how often do bands cross the split-draw for finals or do bands ever win GN after performing first (the answer is no))

Ahhh, interesting!! And it will be especially tough to win after performing first in finals with the new system of splitting the draw. I like the new system though. It makes sense.

I will say the one bonus to the BOA sheets are that they're in performance order, which is handy if you're trying to assess score trends (like how often do bands cross the split-draw for finals or do bands ever win GN after performing first (the answer is no))

Huh. I had no idea they were in performance order.

Ahhh, interesting!! And it will be especially tough to win after performing first in finals with the new system of splitting the draw. I like the new system though. It makes sense.

This has only been a big question in 2006 and 2015, when TWHS and Hebron were both first in Semis but drew first in finals. Neither won, but were both well set-up to before the draw. Of course, The Woodlands had other issues with that performance, too.