Area H Predictions?

Now That the 6A LISD schools are out of Area D and will face off with new competition, anyone have predictions?  Because of Leander's early BOA showing with the other LISD schools, and doing UIL Region, Area, State (probably) as well as BOA SA and BOA GN, no one has seen their full show nor seen them at all since Sept.

This Area seems pretty simple to predict...problem being they may only advance 3, when you have 4 bands who could probably make state finals with a good run (Leander, Vandy, Vista, Westlake). 

Vandy and Leander are pretty easily locks for 1 and 2, and Vista and Westlake are locks for 3rd and 4th. Question is, where will the cutoff be?

Don't really see anyone else as much of a factor here...Really a weird area with a very heavy top, and then not much else (not to disregard any other groups, just don't see anyone else as a legitimate threat to those top 4.) Unless I'm missing someone?

While they likely won't challenge the top 4, I do want to shout out JP Stevens. They were a welcome surprise at BOA Austin, and I think a cleaner ballad may have snuck them into finals. I definitely see them making finals here and possibly grabbing an alternate spot. Hopefully they continue to improve on their current trajectory.

I would also like to give a nod to JP Stevens. Their performance at TMC was inspiring! This is a program with a bright future; with great directors and band members with great attitudes they are on the path to be true contenders. I believe they will make finals and be close to the top of the leaderboard when it's all over.

Schedule:

1    Marshall    9:00
2    Samuel Clements    9:15
3    Del Rio     9:30
4    Steele     9:45
5    Vista Ridge    10:00
6    Clark     10:15
    JUDGES' BREAK    
7    Holmes     10:45
8    Brandeis    11:00
9    Southwest    11:15
10    Taft     11:30
11    Leander     11:45
12    O'Connor    12:00
    JUDGES' LUNCH BREAK    
13    Westlake    1:00
14    Eagle Pass    1:15
15    Warren     1:30
16    South San    1:45
17    Vandegrift    2:00
18    Brennan     2:15
    JUDGES' BREAK    
19    Stevens     2:45
20    Lake Travis    3:00
21    John Jay    3:15
22    Wagner     3:30
23    Judson     3:45
24    East Central    4:00

I got this from our band director which is the same band that you follow I think.  As far as I understand the order is a random draw by the band directors.  It would be nice if it was 2 hours later for sure.  It is Senior night the night before so the game will be long and then hit the buses at 5am....  ugh.  Thankfully they are teenagers and can sleep anywhere.

Yeah, Vista and Del Rio both get hosed here.  I understand the random draw and that they slot Regions into the blocks ahead of time.  But if they backed things up to start Finals at 7pm, that would be like a normal contest and would help the two bands facing long drives for the early slots (almost 2 hrs for Vista and 2 1/2 hours for Del Rio).

Just dumb.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.

UIL seems to be pretty adamantly trying to avoid kids staying up past their bed time...I'm kidding...kind of...but these kids will be fine...Adrenaline cancels out any grogginess from early performance times. No matter what time the competition starts, someone has to go first. It may seem like the short straw, but these kids also get plenty of rest before finals, presuming they make it.

And Leander is not even playing the first minute and a half for UIL because of the 8 minute rule.

Their progress in the last couple weeks has been eye opening. Be interesting to see if they can

challenge to win SA (can Flower Mound get knocked off?). I still say with Leander's product right

now with another week of rehearsal can challenge for the Eagle at nationals...