Area E Predictions?

I think Clements could be amazing if they can get the music to really groove. Plus they have some great drill and body movement. Last video was really dirty, but tons of potential there!

From when is the last video you've seen? You're right, at this point, the show is basically done, just these next two weeks are going to be just cleaning it.

Whats been everyone's favorite show so far in Area E? And who has the best GE? I liked SFA's music, it's catchy and fitting to their theme.

I don't think there are any public videos out, but Cy-Fair HS is pretty stunning. I've seen them live once, and I have access to all their private-kept performance videos (Can't share if anyone is interested... sorry). All I can say is I can predict a huge leap in music performance and visual execution by the time of the Area competition. Their show design is fantastic with crazy hard drill towards the end of the show and their new uniforms complement the intensity of the show very well. I'm hoping they perform well on October 29th! I'm excited to see all the bands perform in Finals... such a great competitive group to keep things interesting and unpredictable. 

I only went to one competition this year and I'm far from an expert but after attending the Battle at the Berry the two favorite Area E shows I have seen are CyFair and CyFalls. I'm an old hippie so the Pink Floyd intro by CyFalls is really great. The energy in CyFall's show is rocking!!! The marching in CyFair's show is impressive.

I only went to one competition this year and I'm far from an expert but after attending the Battle at the Berry the two favorite Area E shows I have seen are CyFair and CyFalls. I'm an old hippie so the Pink Floyd intro by CyFalls is really great. The energy in CyFall's show is rocking!!! The marching in CyFair's show is impressive.

The Cy schools tend to have some good bands!

wish I could hear some non-bias opinions about schools instead of current marchers/alumni/parents giving their thoughts about their bands. Excited to see how this all turns out though!

I couldn't agree more! I feel I am very biased, but It's understandable for it to happen. I would love hearing some input from others more towards the unfamiliar side of the bands.

The number of bands advancing to area in each region so far..

Region 17: 8 out of 9 (Clear Lake's results have not been entered(?))

Region 27: 12 out of 14

Already 20 bands. At this rate, we will be advancing AT LEAST 5-6 bands to state. The remaining regions (13 and 27) should produce at least 14 bands, if we are going off past UIL region results. 7 bands to state looks doable. 

Super excited for this upcoming week!!

Can't comment on any region performances, but I will be going the Region 23 UIL contest. Really want to see how Seven Lakes and Tompkins' shows are coming along. 

You're in for a treat with Seven Lakes. I went to see their performance they had last night, and it was marvelous. So much life and energy from the marchers on the field to the drum majors to the guard. They can definitely still improve, but hey that's what this last few rehearsals are for!

There is an interesting update to Area E after the Region 27 and 17 UIL contests.  Region 27 had 12/14 qualify for Area and Region 17 went 9/9.  With Region 13 likely to go 8/9 and the Katy bands in Region 23 likely to go 7/7, Area E will have at least 36 bands.  That makes it a lock to get 7 bands to State.

Here is the most interesting part.  HISD has 4 bands performing tomorrow in Region 23: Westside, Bellaire, Lamar, and Reagan.  Alief ISD has 3 bands performing in Region 23: Hastings, Elsik, and Taylor.  There is a possibility that 4 out of the 7 could qualify for Area.  Hastings received a 1 in 2015 and Westside received a 1 in 2014.  (The other five all received 2's in 2015.)  Assuming Hastings and Westside receive 1's this year, Area E needs 2 of the remaining 5 bands to receive 1's.  If that happens, Area E will qualify 8 bands to State!  Good luck to those 7 bands and all of the others performing tomorrow!

WOW! Can I just say that I was really impressed with some of the bands here today.

Morton Ranch. They started slow early in the season, but they really have been working hard. Not sure if Area Finals is a possibility with the quality bands in this area, but they have come a long way.

Cinco Ranch had a couple of electronic issues, but overall their show seemed very well executed. I did feel like the ending was too abrupt.

Seven Lakes..wow that show has come so far since Friendswood. I am in love with it. To anyone who has yet to see it, you definitely should!!! This is my personal favorite.

James E. Taylor's show concept was made right from the start with the Ying and Yang. The woodwinds have some pretty difficult parts, but for the most part it sounded pretty clean. I loved the Joyride ending.

Tompkins keeps improving every single year. This year is no different. A couple of trumpet heros sticking out at times, but they look really clean. Their show definitely looks like one of the easier ones out of the other bands I mentioned, but they execute it pretty well.

Really excited to see how this Area shakes out.