BOA Plano - October 8th

Bell, at least on the webcast, was a notable step up from earlier today with a much better musical run. I think we all know winning is out of the question, but would love to see a medal for them.

Absolutely. Tonight's Bell run was hands down incredibly much better than the Prelims run. It is so hard going on that early in the morning, but tonight they showed exactly why they are who they are.

Also, the Commandant's Own was Incredible! Feste Romane and Church Windows to no end!

Finals results
1) 88.05 - Flower Mound
2) 84.20 - Marcus
3) 84.15 - Hebron
4) 82.50 - LD Bell
5) 82.45 - James Bowie
6) 81.35 - Keller
7) 80.80 - James Martin
8) 79.65 - Winston Churchill
9) 76.35 - Keller Central
10) 75.75 - Waxahachie
Outstanding Music Performance - Flower Mound
Outstanding Visual Performance - Flower Mound
Outstanding General Effect - Flower Mound

Where is Rubisco?

We need a dose of reality

LKendrick and Principalagent are a lot of hype (exciting reviews but often miss the boat in terms of the bigger picture)

Rubisco brings a refreshing perspective that has been missing on this board this season

Congratulations to all the great bands in Dallas

A few notes:

Flower mound. Wow. That's all that needs to be said. They're definitely the loudest band out there. By far the best GE band in the state.

Marcus. Again. Wow. I know that there was a four point gap, but I've figured out really quickly to not at all compare BOA to UIL. I know this is a controversial subject, but if you look at the finals standings for some of the past BoA UIL years, (excluding 2012 when Marcus destroyed everyone) the results are almost completely different. That's why I'm not going to say Flomo is gonna win state. BOA San Antonio, I think they sealed that up. State however, they have two sister schools across the road that you KNOW are going to be clean and sound fantastic. I'm really really looking forward to Area, because that will be the only indication of who could take state. Right now, actually to me, I would have Marcus winning state. Flower mound has my favorite show wrapped up in a bundle, and there's no changing that. But just looking at purely what's on the field and the cleanliness of it, Marcus is stellar, of course Hebron is right there with them. Hebron is stronger visually this year than usual, but they have a few balance issues. And the articulation in that first woodwind feature is absolutely nuts. I don't see anyone touching LiSD in the top three this year, but I think it will be a roll of the dice to see who wins.

Another thought:

This is the fourth time Hebron has lost a placement by .1 or less, three times being .05 (not first place, just the place above them). Also, does anyone know how many times Marcus has place outside of the top two (at the BOA Dallas regional)? I know last year was one, but for the life of me I can't remember a time before that. Good to see them still up there

Where is Rubisco?

We need a dose of reality

LKendrick and Principalagent are a lot of hype (exciting reviews but often miss the boat in terms of the bigger picture)

Rubisco brings a refreshing perspective that has been missing on this board this season

Congratulations to all the great bands in Dallas

I have to disagree with your statement regarding LKendrick and Principalagent. They always give thoughtful and knowledgeable information and post opinions based on experience, knowledge, and relevance. I have great respect for their insight and even when I differ in opinion, I value their input. I think a lot of Rubisco's posts as well, but don't see the other two as lesser or short-sighted.

If I had anything to critique or question about FloMo I really would. But I don't. I can with everyone else in the top 5 but not them. I'm sure anyone there would agree.

That performance was really end of the season good and the show is top to bottom side to side back to front air tight.

That was insane. Flo Mo is going to absolutely STEAM ROLL Boa San Antonio. They might have tougher competition in Music and Visual there when the other bands have reached their late season form, but they're going to win GE by a country mile. That show design is as good as it gets and they perform the crap out of that show. Dominating like that in BOA with the crazy competition these days is just unbelievable. And seeing LD Bell that strong is really cool! It wouldn't have surprised me if they had medaled, and the same goes for Bowie. Really, REALLY good stuff from all of those finalists. Definitely the strongest "BOA DFW" finalist group I've ever seen from top to bottom.