4:00 Liberty H.S., TX
4:15 Winston Churchill H.S., TX
4:30 Southwest H.S., TX
4:45 Flower Mound H.S., TX

5:00 Exhibition: University of Texas at Arlington

Music Panel – Chip Crotts, Matt Harloff, David McGrath, Kyle Young

Visual Panel – Michael Gray, Frank Miller, Juno Orefice
Chief Judge – Gary Markham 

Wow this is why I love Texas, almost every regional is absolutely stacked. I'll give a go at some early (and pretty much blind) predictions. Due to my lack of knowledge I'll just do the top 5 for now.

1-3

Flower mound

Hebrom

Marcus

These guys could land in any one of those spots, at this point I have almost no idea who wins what caption. Anything and everything is up for grabs in the top three.

4-5

James Bowie

LD bell

This one is very interesting to me, even more so than the top 3. Both of these bands are in a state of flux to me. Both bands have fallen below their placements in the early 2010s and are looking to regain their footing. The skies the limit for both and I can't wait to see what they bring.

Are we sure Austin Bowie is competing in BOA Plano? Last year it was Arlington Bowie if I recall right. if Austin Bowie that would mean they would have to leave way early or get there the night before. If it is Austin Bowie you would think they would perform much later. That's not right to make them play that early if it is Austin Bowie. I would be surprised if it is.

Top 5 is the battle between 

Keller, Hebron, Flower Mound, LD Bell  and Marcus.. (Wakeland and Coppell do have a chance in the top 5 as well) 

The Bottom 5 is going to be a fight between 

Wakeland, Keller, Plano East, Waxahachie, Coppell, Winston Churchill, Mansfield, James Martin, Aledo, L.V. Berkner, Keller Central and Keller Fossil Ridge, Timber Creek and Colleyville Heritage! 

But at the end of the day, everyone participating is a winner and performing to the crowd is the best moment in marching band.. 

Yall have fun out there!! And BE WEIRD <3! 

I agree with the most bands but is this the order you think they will place? And there are a couple of bands that may sneak in there if so.

This will be a great regional to see.

I think the top 2 will be Flowermound and Hebron but who knows what Marcus could do this year. I think that 4-6 will be between Bell, Bowie, and Keller but I don't know what order.

Marcus has all the elements to win it all before the season even begins, just depends on how the show comes together. Flower Mound hit the jackpot in terms of finding an identity that they can do a ton with the last two or three years, something tells me they'll take it to even further heights this year. Hebron is coming off their amazing first Nationals trip, always excited to see what they're up to. New arranger and stuff, but I don't see anything holding them back honestly. LD Bell had new life last year that was missing for a few, have a feeling they'll only build on that. Probably easy to slot them 4th but who knows, they might have something pretty powerful behind their veil of secrecy so far this year that is pretty surprising. And James Bowie is really looking good this early, can only wonder what a few more weeks will do, maybe they'll overthrow someone.

Think the top 5 will be incredibly strong this year with a few surprises.

Don't sleep on James Martin. They just barely missed finals at BOA Denton in 2014 (.10 points behind Richland), and then later that year placed 6th at the St. Louis Super-regional. In 2015, 3 out of 4 of their directors were new, and they had a poorly designed show, so they placed pretty terribly at BOA competitions. This year, though the show is great and unique and they are working hard.

Also, I think L.D. Bell is going to surprise a lot of people this year and place in the top 3. Since they placed unexpectedly low in 2014, their last UIL State year, I guarantee you L.D. Bell will be coming for that 6A state title, and they are definitely capable. I'm sure they are very eager to return to their former glory.

I think James Bowie will also be exceptional this year after a lull for the past couple seasons (they've still been great, though!). I expect the top 10 to look something like this:

1. Hebron

2. Flower Mound

3. L.D. Bell

4. James Bowie

5. Marcus

(In no particular order)

---

6. James Martin

7. Keller

8. Keller Central

9. Aledo

10. Coppell

(In no particular order)

Don't sleep on James Martin. They just barely missed finals at BOA Denton in 2014 (.10 points behind Richland), and then later that year placed 6th at the St. Louis Super-regional. In 2015, 3 out of 4 of their directors were new, and they had a poorly designed show, so they placed pretty terribly at BOA competitions. This year, though the show is great and unique and they are working hard.

Also, I think L.D. Bell is going to surprise a lot of people this year and place in the top 3. Since they placed unexpectedly low in 2014, their last UIL State year, I guarantee you L.D. Bell will be coming for that 6A state title, and they are definitely capable. I'm sure they are very eager to return to their former glory.

I think James Bowie will also be exceptional this year after a lull for the past couple seasons (they've still been great, though!). I expect the top 10 to look something like this:

1. Hebron

2. Flower Mound

3. L.D. Bell

4. James Bowie

5. Marcus

(In no particular order)

---

6. James Martin

7. Keller

8. Keller Central

9. Aledo

10. Coppell

(In no particular order)

I saw a very early video of James Martin that was very nice, looking forward to seeing something more recent.