2015 BOA San Antonio Comments Thread

Xenon

I live in Austin, but I am originally from Pearland and cheer for the schools in the area - Pearland, Clear Lake, Friendswood, Dawson. How did Friendswood do at BOA Super Regionals? I saw that they were only one place out of finals. I'm hoping that the Houston-area schools will rise to prominence once again in the near future. Which bands from the Houston area seem to be doing well?

On a side note: does anyone know when videos of the top 15 or so bands will be posted from BOA?

I'm sure it's hard for them being the first band out of finals :/ but someone has to be there..

I live in Austin, but I am originally from Pearland and cheer for the schools in the area - Pearland, Clear Lake, Friendswood, Dawson. How did Friendswood do at BOA Super Regionals? I saw that they were only one place out of finals. I'm hoping that the Houston-area schools will rise to prominence once again in the near future. Which bands from the Houston area seem to be doing well?

On a side note: does anyone know when videos of the top 15 or so bands will be posted from BOA?

also why didn't Dawson or Pearland end up going to BOA?

No, I didn't see it that way. Their prelim show was much better, overall. They seemed to have some failures with their electronics in the finals, so the narration and other elements were missing, plus it just wasn't as cohesive or exciting. I think the scores were fairly accurate for both prelims and finals for them. They definitely have the ability to put a 92 on the field and hopefully can find that same performance level next week at Indianapolis.

Edit: Well, a 92 or higher! I hope all of our Texas bands kick it up a notch or two!

They seem to have had some ongoing issues with mics/electronics. I hope everything is in working order for GN.

I'm sure it's hard for them being the first band out of finals :/ but someone has to be there..

I don't think you understand what I am asking. I have not been marching band very much this year. I was curious about the Houston bands (especially south Houston) because no one really talks about them. 

A few days late I know but just a few quick thoughts on San Antonio's top five this year. FLOWER MOUND. It brings me so much joy to see another ensemble have such an explosion of success. Very impressed with them and I'm sure they will be up there for the foreseeable future. REAGAN being as relatively young in the activity as I am I was never able to witness this program in its true prime but if it was anything like what I experienced on Saturday night... WOW the emotion and refinement and presence they had on the field was jaw dropping. Honestly thought they would take this one. CTJ, incredible difficulty and poise I'm used to seeing from them now, not my favorite in terms of design but holy cow can they sell a show. HEBRON I got exactly what I wanted from them, extremely impressive but just a small feeling like something was being held back. This is exactly what I would want to feel from a grand nats attendee two weeks out. I think they will crush at Indy... And of course can't help but mention BEST.SOLOIST. EVER. CEDAR PARK. So incredibly happy for them. This was by far my favorite show from them since 2008. It was fun, powerful, refined to an absurd level and very well designed. Can't wait to see what they and Leander bring to 3A at nationals next year. Texas caption sweep anyone??

A few days late I know but just a few quick thoughts on San Antonio's top five this year. FLOWER MOUND. It brings me so much joy to see another ensemble have such an explosion of success. Very impressed with them and I'm sure they will be up there for the foreseeable future. REAGAN being as relatively young in the activity as I am I was never able to witness this program in its true prime but if it was anything like what I experienced on Saturday night... WOW the emotion and refinement and presence they had on the field was jaw dropping. Honestly thought they would take this one. CTJ, incredible difficulty and poise I'm used to seeing from them now, not my favorite in terms of design but holy cow can they sell a show. HEBRON I got exactly what I wanted from them, extremely impressive but just a small feeling like something was being held back. This is exactly what I would want to feel from a grand nats attendee two weeks out. I think they will crush at Indy... And of course can't help but mention BEST.SOLOIST. EVER. CEDAR PARK. So incredibly happy for them. This was by far my favorite show from them since 2008. It was fun, powerful, refined to an absurd level and very well designed. Can't wait to see what they and Leander bring to 3A at nationals next year. Texas caption sweep anyone??

Cedar Park is going too?

:D