Photo

What do the top bands do to be successful?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#41 banddad84

banddad84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationCanyon Lake TX

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:48 AM

I agree completely.  When my son was 8 (8!!) he was in a league where a coach on another team went for the kill ever time.  He ran the score up on other teams....remember, these kids are 8.

The next year, he drafted my son.  Needless to say, my son didn't play baseball that year....I pulled him from that team quicker than you could blink.

A few weeks ago, our director was talking to some parents after a finals performance.  He said "1st place, 10th place....doesn't matter.  THAT's the show we wanted to perform".  The pride he took in his kids performing well could be seen on his face.  That's what I want from a director.

I agree - I have always loved the fact that our program is more about putting on a show that will be enjoyed and bring people to their feet - if it wins great - if not, it is a learning experience. to me, marching band is about being part of something bigger than yourself and making a commitment to give it your all. my freshman has been proud of every performance they put on the filed this year and I would not have it any other way 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users