UIL 5A Area E

Typically considered the worst area in the state, I know. But things may change this year and since I'm from there I'm interested. There's a few really good bands that could really shake things up in San Antonio. I obviously don't have the entire list, so I'm just gonna, more or less, list off the bands that at least have a shot at making the top two that advance from what I've seen throughout the season.

Brenham

Foster

George Ranch

Ridge Point

Tompkins

Waller

I'm going Ridge Point and Tompkins all the way. And I'm not just saying that because I'm in RP's band. Our show is easily the hardest that will be at Area and after a 4th place finish at Sam Houston State, beating a lot of good 5A and 6A bands and only barely losing to the rest of the top 3, I like our chances. And Tompkins has been on fire all season, finishing 7th at Friendswood and 5th at Lone Star.

So talk, leave your predictions, whatever. Area E might have some surprises this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Results (for archival purposes since UIL probably won't leave them up forever).

Katy Tompkins and Ridge Point advance. Two very young schools. Ridge Point (Fort Bend) graduated its first senior class in 2013.  Tompkins (which split from Seven Lakes just 2 years ago) graduates their first senior class this upcoming spring.

2015-16 Area_E_5A_Prelims.pdf