UIL Texas 5A State Marching Contest predictions?

I know area D has a fantastic band program but I still wonder why this site never has anything good to say about Forney. They have been to state finals since 2009 and made finals once. This year they have been grand champions at every contest they have participated in (Parade of Champions in Mansfield, Mesquite Marching festival, and the Desoto classic) Sherman, Wylie, Poteet and some great 6A bands where in the competition and Forney beat them. I am unsure why this forum seems to always leave them out of the conversations. Dazed and confused.

Not to rain on Forney's parade at all because they have really improved in the past few years and are doing some cool things with their show concept this year, but they beat Poteet because Poteet cannot compete in MMF due to the fact that they host it. 

I don't understand why Leander would be more angry than Vista or Dripping Springs.  I am sure all those bands have felt the emotional swings of this weekend.  The thing to realize is that these are kids and they amazingly just go with the flow.  I don't think the BOA weather mess gives them an advantage or disadvantage. 

I don't understand the whole situation exactly by why they are exhibition vs being judged, but I am sure there is a logical reason.  They world is not against them.  Potentially they have a disadvantage because they play in the venue once where others may get to play twice.

My prediction is still an LISD sweep:

Leander

Cedar Park

Vista

Vandergrift

I do feel that you can reorder these four and make a case for each one.

Well vista still gets to compete so there is that but I'd imagine Leander and dripping springs are equally angry. Also there is the fact that Leander was a heavily favored medalist, so they aren't to happy about not getting to prove those predictions

I'm pretty sure they are all angry for having to go through all the drama.

It frustrates me to no end that everyone seems to count Area F out of the running because Friendswood, Pearland, and Dawson moved up to 6A. I feel as though no one has given a glance to our bands because we don't have big school districts that dominate state finals. Barbers Hill won prelims and finals at area with straight ones from all 5 judges, but few people even know what their show is or predict them to make state finals. Tomball Memorial has been putting on great shows for several years now, and Crosby, even though they are small, will be one of the few military bands at state. Area F has real potential that not many seem to notice.

It frustrates me to no end that everyone seems to count Area F out of the running because Friendswood, Pearland, and Dawson moved up to 6A. I feel as though no one has given a glance to our bands because we don't have big school districts that dominate state finals. Barbers Hill won prelims and finals at area with straight ones from all 5 judges, but few people even know what their show is or predict them to make state finals. Tomball Memorial has been putting on great shows for several years now, and Crosby, even though they are small, will be one of the few military bands at state. Area F has real potential that not many seem to notice.

well friendswood an dawson were the best ones from area f

Barbers Hill got last place at the 2013 SMBC.  Forgive the masses for not thinking that such a band will be able to break into a Finals circle made up almost entirely of bands who've been medalists at some point this past decade.

After seeing Dripping Springs BOA performance, I'm putting them in the medal category for state, if you disagree then you haven't seen their show

I saw them at BOA Austin.  I have them in 8th for State...behind the LISD schools, Wakeland, Waxahachie and Centennial.  They could very well top Centennial but I don't see them besting 'Hachie or powerhouse Wakeland.

After seeing Dripping Springs BOA performance, I'm putting them in the medal category for state, if you disagree then you haven't seen their show

Nobody doubts how good any band is, I think most would friendly disagree with you just because they already finished behind the 4 LISD's at area. Not that there is any shame in that, but even if they beat everyone else they'd have to jump two bands they were squarely behind a week ago just to medal. All on the same judging rubric. Yes, I've seen their show.

Area D sweep of top 5 at prelims (Vandegrift, CP, Leander, VR, DS). That area was stacked this year, like always, except even more than usual. Even in Area D finals, it was a mini state contest right in the backyard of Central Texas. McCallum and Connally might have made finals at this contest. If McCallum was in this contest, what do all of you Area D folk think?

Props to the Area D bands that are killing it at state. I seriously have nothing but respect for those programs and I know those kids have put in the long hours and hard work to produce those crazy good shows.

But it is definitely frustrating for those of us with kids in bands in Area D that didn't make it to State, only to see bands that are honestly not as good who made it.

I guess no system is perfect.