2014 BOA San Antonio Super-Regional Predictions

Jbl3770

O.K. - all 3 BOA regionals are completed - so it is time to start looking forward to the BOA super-regional and then the 6A UIL State results.

Based on the BOA results - here are the top 5 as I see it for San Antonio - in no particular order

Hebron

CT Johnson

Marcus

Woodlands

LD Bell

thoughts????

What about the schools from the Austin area? I think Round Rock, Leander and Bowie all have made a case for a top 5 spot with Bowie scoring an 84.3 (I think), Leander an 83.5 (If I remember correctly) and winning the Texas Marching Classic and Round Rock with an 82 ish and winning the Westlake Marching Festival. These scores also were a week before Denton and two weeks before Conroe.  

My thoughts as of right now (in alphabetical order):

* = top 2 in each group

Top group (1-6):

Bowie

CTJ *

Hebron *

Leander

Marcus

TWHS

Next Group:

Cedar Park (I could see them possibly missing finals, but it's not likely)

Flower Mound * 

LD Bell (Wild card)

Ronald Reagan (Wild card) *

Round Rock

Vandegrift

Bubble (Pick 2) - obviously I missed some because this list is long

Aledo

Anderson

Berkner

Hendrickson

Keller

Keller Central

Plano East

Richland

Spring *

Vista Ridge *

Westlake 

Edit: I should look at the list of who's signed up before posting. Swapped out College Park and Wakeland for Spring and Vista Ridge

What about the schools from the Austin area? I think Round Rock, Leander and Bowie all have made a case for a top 5 spot with Bowie scoring an 84.3 (I think), Leander an 83.5 (If I remember correctly) and winning the Texas Marching Classic and Round Rock with an 82 ish and winning the Westlake Marching Festival. These scores also were a week before Denton and two weeks before Conroe.  

you are correct - Bowie is always strong. I saw Round Rock and Leander at BOA Austin and their shows were very good and that was early in the season - I think that the SA show will be huge this year with so many strong shows.

My top 5, in alphabetical order:

Bowie, Hebron, Johnson, Marcus, Woodlands

Probable finalists:

Reagan, Cedar Park, Flower Mound, Leander, Bell, Woodlands College Park, Round Rock, Vandegrift

That's 14.  I don't know if all 14 will make finals, but it's my best guess for now.

I just counted, and my list was just 13.  That works out, because there are about a dozen other bands I would have liked to have included on that list!  As everyone else is saying, I can't wait for BOA SA.  Pretty much all the usual suspects will be there but Coppell and Cedar Ridge.  Great contest!

Predictions!!:

1) CTJ

2) Hebron

3) TWHS

4) Bowie

5) Leander

6) Marcus

7) Round Rock

8) Flower Mound

9) LD Bell

10) Reagan

11) Vandegrift

12) Cedar Park

13) Spring

14) Hendrickson

On a side note: I believe that UIL will be completely different. There, schools like Marcus and Bell would be rated higher while schools like Round Rock much lower.

Boy, I can't wait to come back to this post and see how absolutely wrong I was with these predictions. I'm not even going to TRY to put them in a specific placement order, that would just be a little too crazy right now. Instead I'll put them in blocks, with the bands within each block in no particular placement order. Here we go:

TOP 5: (Obviously, I consider these bands finals locks)
-Bowie
-CTJ
-Hebron
-Marcus
-The Woodlands

6-10: (I think these guys are finals locks as well)
-Flower Mound
-Leander
-LD Bell
-Reagan
-Round Rock

TOP CONTENDERS FOR 11-14: (These are the bands I think are on the bubble and have a legitimate shot at making it into finals)
-Aledo
-Berkner
-Cedar Park
-Churchill
-Plano East
-Spring
-Vandergrift
-Vista Ridge
-Westlake

And I'll go on and take a crack at the captions:
-Hebron takes Music
-Either Bowie, Woodlands, Marcus, or Bell take Visual.
-Either Hebron, CTJ, or Bowie takes GE. Maybe a small chance Leander snatches it away from them.

And there ya go. Excited for another intense competition at the Alamodome. Gonna be a good one.

AWESOME!!! The Beauty about Texas marching bands right now is it is no longer a race for who will come in second. It would be awesom if Marcus takes their 5th state championship. They are awesome and have a great program. How cool would that be? A decade of dominance?

How great is it that any of the top BOA champs could have the best run of their lives and take this thing? CJT, Woodlands, Leander, Bowie, Hebron, Marcus? That is just 6 bands. Any one of them can take both state and/or BOA. Add the next two in all of those competitions and things get crazy.

I agree, both state and Boa are up for grabs. What a great time in Texas marching bands. Good luck to all of them!!!! At this point it doesn't matter who wins. They are all great!!! They all win........

Wow, wow, wow......

Yes! I don't know why a select few people decide to put Cedar Ridge on their predictions! It irritates me. Sorry I had to vent lol

I am sure that they assumed that Cedar Ridge would compete in Texas - Many are basing their predictions on the season as it unfolds. it is a compliment to Cedar ridge and not intended to be a slight.

Without seeing a lot of these groups at all, here are my biased predictions as of now:

(Listed by group in alphabetical order. )

1, 2, or 3:

Hebron

Probable Finalists:

Cedar Park

Claudia Taylor Johnson

Flower Mound

James Bowie

L. D. Bell

Leander

Marcus

Ronald Reagan

Round Rock

The Woodlands

Vandegrift

Bubble (Last couple spots, but not necessarily 13 and 14):

Aledo

Anderson

Hendrickson

L. V. Berkner

Plano East Senior

Richland

Spring

Vista Ridge

Westlake

After what I witnessed at last year's BOASA, I cannot claim any band as a 100% lock for anything.