Clarinets.

chickora

Uuugh, kaos-bear13.gif..

Well, I'm going to Solo and Ensemble with a broken clarinet, but my lord, to go with a First Act Clarinet.... Haha, I hope you are kidding.

Good lord, of course I'm kidding! Well, I'd actually love to go on one, just because I don't want to go in the first place...I'd love to see how the judge would react, or my band director!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I use my R-13 for Concert season and my E-11 for marching season. Both have served me well, but the R-13 is obviously my first choice! ^_^ However, I am currently debating whether or not I should invest in a plastic clarinet for next year's marching season. A wooden E-11, especially in this Texas weather, is really not the best choice.. O.o Any suggestions? :)

• 9 months later...

If it's a Buffet, there's a little seal that says Buffet (unless it's really, really old - I'm talking like 30+ years). It'll also have serial numbers engraved into the upper and lower joints. You can track the age of the professional models using the serial numbers and Buffet's website.

I've only got expieriance with the E-11, the R-13, and borrowed C-13 and RC Prestiges myself, however. I don't know if that holds true for their plastic models, never having even touched one.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a clarinet that was handed down to me by my late greatgrandfather who was a drum major at baylor university during the 1930's or 40's. ive been trying to find out what type or model it is but have not been having much luck. i brought it to a professional (my private lesson teacher) a few years ago and even she couldnt really specify what type it was. i have noticed that it has many extra keys compared to the Bb saprano that i play on currently. there is also a buffet mark on it and a serial number: 1427. if anyone can help me identify this instrument it would be greatly appreciated.