TMEA Honor Band Process, Where are results posted, ect?

Well basically, you play and get recordings. Oncd you have them you submit them and i believe they go to an area competition and if they advance then a state. Although results usually aren't posted until mid summer.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Question: Why is Friendswood not entered this year?

Yeah we won it 2005 or 06 i forgot but we had to wait like 3 or 4 years to record again..... I think we record 2013 if i am correct? They do the cycle because they don't want the same bands wining and stuff so it makes it fair

Well, I don't really see it as fair. They let Marcus compete in the state marching contest every year even though they have won it three consecutive cycles. I realize that honor band is TMEA and marching is UIL, but I think that TMEA is wrong for limiting Friendswood from competing this year. The goal is to determine the best 4A Concert band in Texas, not the 2nd best (supposing that Friendswood is still on top). If they are truly the best, year after year, so be it. They won fair and square and certainly deserve to be recognized at the convention.

That's just my opinion.

Well, I don't really see it as fair. They let Marcus compete in the state marching contest every year even though they have won it three consecutive cycles. I realize that honor band is TMEA and marching is UIL, but I think that TMEA is wrong for limiting Friendswood from competing this year. The goal is to determine the best 4A Concert band in Texas, not the 2nd best (supposing that Friendswood is still on top). If they are truly the best, year after year, so be it. They won fair and square and certainly deserve to be recognized at the convention.

That's just my opinion.

Marcus is 5a. 5a and 3a have marching contest ever other year. We friendswood have the state marching contest next year since we are 4a. O an thanks for saying how good friendswood is:). Your band is awesome to:)

Marcus is 5a. 5a and 3a have marching contest ever other year. We friendswood have the state marching contest next year since we are 4a. O an thanks for saying how good friendswood is:). Your band is awesome to:)

I realize that the marching contest rotates every other year for 3A/5A and A/AA/AAAA....so does Honor Band. Since this was a 5A marching year, it is a 4A honor band year. The same goes for 4A marching/5A Honor Band years. I don't get what you're trying to say...

I realize that the marching contest rotates every other year for 3A/5A and A/AA/AAAA....so does Honor Band. Since this was a 5A marching year, it is a 4A honor band year. The same goes for 4A marching/5A Honor Band years. I don't get what you're trying to say...

ask your band director about it lol....

I'm just going to call my State champions right now:

4A - Cedar Park

2A - Queen City

CCC - McCullough JH

CC - Hildebrandt Int.

3/4 of them from Area D. Yeah, I went there. Let's see if I nail any of them even though the Area results aren't all in yet.