Top Video Game Soundtrack (Inside...)

If you've ever played any games in the Banjo-Kazooie franchise, you know that the music is known for being very catchy.

There have been many great video game soundtracks, but this newest one has got to be one of my favorites.

bknabboxart.jpg

What's unique about this game-rip soundtrack is that it's fully orchestrated... by the Prague Philharmonic.

The music in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts includes original compositions, as well as remixes of past game music. The music is composed by the UK's Robin Beanland and Grant Kirkhope (interestingly enough, after the Nuts and Bolts gig, Kirkhope moved to the States to take up another game music composition job).

BANJOORCH.jpg

--The Prague Philharmonic recording the music to Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts--

Search the game soundtrack on Youtube; you can find some music there easily. Better yet, if you have a 360, give the game a shot! The music alone is worth the money.

What do you guys think?

Top Video Game Soundtrack = Final Fantasy 6 (American 3)

Well said....it was my favorite VGS until Chrono Cross came out.

Followed closely by Final Fantasy 7.

ehh.....I'll admit a lot of that music ports well to orchestra (and the recordings of some of those arrangements; namely "Aerith", "One Winged Angel" and the "Main Theme" were simply amazing) but I just didn't like the instrument palette enough on that game to enjoy its music.

Final Fantasy 8 had some really awesome music though and it too ports well over to orchestra.

Well said....it was my favorite VGS until Chrono Cross came out.

ehh.....I'll admit a lot of that music ports well to orchestra (and the recordings of some of those arrangements; namely "Aerith", "One Winged Angel" and the "Main Theme" were simply amazing) but I just didn't like the instrument palette enough on that game to enjoy its music.

Final Fantasy 8 had some really awesome music though and it too ports well over to orchestra.

I never really got into any of the FF games, but I did hear good thing about the music.

My top 5 game soundtracks (in no particular order):

1. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)

2. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

3. Any of the Banjo Franchise (N64, 360)

4. Super Mario World (SNES)

5. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

I never really got into any of the FF games, but I did hear good thing about the music.

My top 5 game soundtracks (in no particular order):

1. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)

2. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

3. Any of the Banjo Franchise (N64, 360)

4. Super Mario World (SNES)

5. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

You must have a real affinity for the music of Koji Kondo. He does most of the music for Nintendo's franchises including 4 of the games on that list (but I imagine you already knew that). I never played Super Mario Galaxy though one of my roommates played through it when it first came out. I got to hear a lot of Kondo's awesome music for a couple weeks while he played through the game :).

Edited by takigan

You must have a real affinity for the music of Koji Kondo. He does most of the music for Nintendo's franchises including 4 of the games on that list (but I imagine you already knew that). I never played Super Mario Galaxy though one of my roommates played through it when it first came out. I got to hear a lot of Kondo's awesome music for a couple weeks while he played through the game :).

Yeah, Kondo's one of my favorite composers all around.

Miyamoto:Game Development Production as Kondo:Game Music Composition

He's toured with the Video Games Live orchestra group, I believe (with American game composer, Tommy Tallarico). I've never had the chance to get to see them, though.

• 4 weeks later...