Hook 'Em!

ndnorris7

Im actually more of a Tech fan, not die hard though. But in the next three weeks Tech faces UT, Oklahoma State, and Oklahoma. So I'm pulling for UT only because if they past tech, there the best chance of a Texas school in the national championship game. Because I don't think Tech will get past Texas OR Oklahoma.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a funny story on the UT-Tech game..

My brother goes to UT and my father is

a Tech Alumni and for that game they sat down

in the living room to watch it with my mother

between them(: At the end of the game all you can

hear is my brother:

"Go! Go! Go! G..Noooooooooo! Getttt Himmmmmm!"

Haha it was so funny(:

Even though I really wanted to UT to win.

OU is more consistent than UT when it comes to regular season games. Oklahoma is ALWAYS in a BCS bowl. Texas was in the Alamo bowl recently. UT tends to find a quarterback then ride them until they end up in the NFL, then oops, we gotta find a new one. Works great when there a junior or senior, but they typically lack when it comes to their freshman and sophomore year. They did it with Simms, somewhat with Young, and of course with McCoy. I know the QB isn't everything, but they do mean the most.

UT may have the advantage next year with McCoy being a senior, and Bradford possibly being in the NFL. As for this year it was truly a toss up on who was better. Each side had its case. UT beat OU head to head, yet OU annihilated a team that beat UT.

And no, I'm not a fan of either UT or OU.

Oh wow. Links to that OU band girl picture were plastered to facebook status lines pretty much within seconds of it being shown live on Fox... doesn't everyone love drama? and sports politics??

This season was quite a wild ride and I think I concur with Dynasty when I say that it was awesome to right there in the thick of it every Saturday (or Thursday). :lol:

If OU sucks, why did they get picked for the National Championship game over UT?

Go look up the scores for all the games of UT and compare them to the scores OU had every game.

Hook 'em? Pssht.

BOOMER SOONERS all the way.

First of all OU doesn't suck.

Secondly, stats can be deceiving. When you play your starters all four quarters to run up the score, sure, you're going to have 60+ games. Not a good contention if you're trying to prove OU is better than Texas. Also, it is a mute point to try to prove that this year for the single fact that they lost to Texas.

OU got picked mostly because they lost early, and they know how to impress voters with running up the score.