Trumpets!

TRtrumpet

IF YOU just owned some flute chick who was trying to persuade you that her instrument is better by laughing at her and proceeding to play louder than her entire section AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOUR HANDS...

*clap clap*

I don't even need to play loud to prove how much better we are :P

All we have to do is hear them and watch the march to see it :D

Well mine wouldn't be accurate, because it changes every week or so.

see, I just went through an embouchure change, and I keep getting higher and higher. My highest good note right now is a high A, but I can squeak out a "D" on occasion...

but last week my best note was an "F", occasionally getting up to a "Bb"

so I'll let you know once it flatlines or something =p

Well mine wouldn't be accurate, because it changes every week or so.

see, I just went through an embouchure change, and I keep getting higher and higher. My highest good note right now is a high A, but I can squeak out a "D" on occasion...

but last week my best note was an "F", occasionally getting up to a "Bb"

so I'll let you know once it flatlines or something =p

Dang...what change would that be? Hehe

I don't need range...i got skillz! I kid...wanting to play high is part of being a trumpet player, no doubt there. I keep getting close to that double G, but it never wants to come out. Right now, I just have a high E. If only my lips were smaller....and I had a thinner rim mouthpiece.

Speaking of which, does anyone else play a schilke 15?

Dang...what change would that be? Hehe

I used to play with my mouthpiece set very low on my embouchure. My private teacher moved it up so that I was centered on the mouthpiece. My tone quality has improved tons, and my range is still coming along. Endurance sucks though... I used to be able to play for three or four hours before dying out, I'm lucky to go half an hour now... I feel like a fifth grader again... =/

• 1 month later...

Ok, i'm not gonna lie, my range isn't all that high. I can get a double G but it is a squeak, and only comes out on occasion. High E is the one that i can get with resonance. I play to low like .25 of the rim on upper lip, .75 on bottom, and my private lesson teacher told me to change and then he siad, "if it aint hurt don't fix it." and i'm still fine.

Would anyone like to post a sound bite with them playing their range? Cause i'd like to here some of these super C's

:D Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
*Giggles* wrong... two way different instruments

actually, thats not too far off. trombones are technically types of trumpets, meaning their tubing width remains contant throughout most of the instruments length (as opposed to a horn, which has expanding wisth throughout the instrument. So, despite the shape difference, the are actually quite similar.

now, LMB

:D

actually, thats not too far off. trombones are technically types of trumpets, meaning their tubing width remains contant throughout most of the instruments length (as opposed to a horn, which has expanding wisth throughout the instrument. So, despite the shape difference, the are actually quite similar.

now, LMB

:D

:huh: Toche' Jeff my friend.... no theres always a differance though... lol Trombones can do it in 7 positions! C.S.!! ^_^