161 replies to this topic

#1 TRtrumpet

TRtrumpet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 08:05 PM

So whats up to all my trumpets? This is a place where you can just talk about.... trumpet stuff. B)

Trumpet- Silver Yamaha
Mouthpiece- 7C
Range- 3 C's
Chair- 2nd Chair

I like playin the trumpet but im thinkin about learnin the mello. Any one know if the fingering are the same?

#2 GHtubaNja

GHtubaNja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:59 PM

So whats up to all my trumpets? This is a place where you can just talk about.... trumpet stuff. B)

Trumpet- Silver Yamaha
Mouthpiece- 7C
Range- 3 C's
Chair- 2nd Chair

I like playin the trumpet but im thinkin about learnin the mello. Any one know if the fingering are the same?

the fingerings are the same. i think when you switch to mello you play higher than you think you do so just be aware of that.

#3 Skippy

Skippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:45 AM

Yeah, if you're used to playing trumpet, high range on mellophone is way easy. It's pretty much exactly the same as a trumpet, just bigger, and a different sound.

#4 TRtrumpet

TRtrumpet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:11 PM

Yea I noticed that today... it was incredibly EASY!!!!! My friend was amazed I could play that high on a mello... it was funny.

#5 Tnilli

Tnilli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 06:24 AM

All right guys i need some advice, i've gone through a variety of mouthpieces over the years and i need to get a new one. I have been on a Bach 3B for about...goin on 3 years. Its beat up and i just need something new. Any suggestions to other brands would be great so i could look into them. Thanks

#6 TRtrumpet

TRtrumpet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:08 PM

For marching band, I would suggest a 7C. I gives that brighter tone.

#7 Xukaniz

Xukaniz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 11:36 PM

Hey there, fellow trumpet :P

Trumpet - Bach Strad(OMG SO RARE)
Mouthpiece - 1C, recently switched from 3C
Range - Pedal Db to High E
Chair - 1st for awhile, 2nd now that I have my braces off, now I can play to a high Bb if I try :(. Ah well, I will get there.

I am thinking about learning to play french horn personally. Will probably be hard as heck, but I have always loved the sound of the french horn.

#8 gavinrh

gavinrh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 01:54 AM

Whats up trumpets

Trumpet-Bach Strad Reverse leadpipe

Mouthpiece-5b

Range-around above staff F on a good day

Chair-6th... for now

#9 TRtrumpet

TRtrumpet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:29 AM

Chair - 1st for awhile, 2nd now that I have my braces off, now I can play to a high Bb if I try :(. Ah well, I will get there.

I am thinking about learning to play french horn personally. Will probably be hard as heck, but I have always loved the sound of the french horn.

yea I sucked for at least 1 month after I got my braces off. It totaly killed my abilitly to play low notes.

#10 rebel_raider05

rebel_raider05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 08:41 PM

most frnch horn stuff is the same. watch for the close intervals, and the fingering are mostly the same. and whos from richland that posted here?

trumpet- bach piece of poo

range-depends on the day

mouthpiece-5c

chair-last, waitin for another chair test. kinda didnt turn in my tapes. mighta helped. supposed to be 2nd or 1st. but oh well... :ph34r:

#11 xredsummersunx

xredsummersunx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:29 AM

Woah, heck yes. Everyone above who expressed interest in learning horn, DO IT. (I play horn...who knows why I'm on a trumpet thread.) I'm gunna say horn is VERY different (much harder) than trumpet. (I learned trumpet/played it for jazz band in 8th grade) BUT...the sound is beautiful and it's a lot of fun.

#12 TRtrumpet

TRtrumpet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 02:35 PM

Im deffinetly interested is learning mello. I played my freiends and she said I could play lot higher then she could... but thats probly kus i play the trumpet.

#13 vanillawafer07

vanillawafer07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:17 AM

hey yall ummm...

Instrument-Bach Strad
Mouthpiece- 3C
Range-Pedal C to Super A
but ya the A i hit on good days other than that i get G's normally on command

#14 gavinrh

gavinrh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:02 PM

RebelRaider05... is that you matt owens??

#15 gavinrh

gavinrh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:24 AM

most frnch horn stuff is the same. watch for the close intervals, and the fingering are mostly the same. and whos from richland that posted here?

trumpet- bach piece of poo

range-depends on the day

mouthpiece-5c

chair-last, waitin for another chair test. kinda didnt turn in my tapes. mighta helped. supposed to be 2nd or 1st. but oh well... :ph34r:

dude you're good enough to make 1st or 2nd at bell? if i remember right, you really sucked here and couldnt play much higher than G... you mighta gotten better, but....

#16 pippy

pippy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 04:58 AM

Trumpet- Bach 42B trombone
Mouthpiece- 4G
Range- pedal Bb to D (5 ledgers)
Chair- 1st

I like to think of trumpets as soprano valve trombones.

#17 kanye_south

kanye_south

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:06 PM

Wasup with yal

Trumpet-Yamaha
Mouthpiece-5c
Range-Up to an A
Chair-1st for about a month then got moved down to 4th because all the upper classman trumpets realized my skillz(I'm a freshman) and I'm still better than most of the upperclassman.

#18 trumpetm2005

trumpetm2005

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:33 AM

All right guys i need some advice, i've gone through a variety of mouthpieces over the years and i need to get a new one. I have been on a Bach 3B for about...goin on 3 years. Its beat up and i just need something new. Any suggestions to other brands would be great so i could look into them. Thanks

In the long run i would say you need to get a 1 or 1 1/2 C, but i would first recommend playing on a 3C to help with the change

#19 trumpetm2005

trumpetm2005

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:38 AM

becareful about playing French horn. if you don't have a stong foundation on you trumpet playing then trying to play the french horn can cause problems with your range and sound.

#20 Aegis Fang

Aegis Fang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:23 AM

hey guys.

Trumpet: junker Getzen

Mouthpiece: Bach 5C

Range: Pedal something or other to about an E above the staff *double E I think*

Chair: somewhere around 6th or so

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users