Area D Marching Contest

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westlake and USSBA Hays ended, so we can talk about this now.

Region 8, 18, and 26 all have 8 5A Bands, and 12 has 12. So there are 36 Bands.

If they all get a one (possible), there would be *7* bands going to state, but there is likely going to be 6.

It seems like quite a few good bands won't be going to Finals or State. Too many bubble bands.

Edited by lhstrumpet

Akins

Cedar Park

Connally

Georgetown

James Bowie

Leander

Ronald Reagan

Round Rock

Vista Ridge

Westlake

Winston Churchill

There's the 11-band bubble of hopefuls (granted they don't botch their Region performance and get a 2) and also the most likely finals block. One of these heavyweight bands won't even make finals (which will be a shame since not a single one of these bands has competed in Area D over the past decade and not made finals), which means there also won't be any leeway for some of the other great bands that we sometimes get to see in finals (Pflugerville, Belton, Westwood, Judson etc.) this year.

Akins

Cedar Park

Connally

Georgetown

James Bowie

Leander

Ronald Reagan

Round Rock

Vista Ridge

Westlake

Winston Churchill

There's the 11-band bubble of hopefuls (granted they don't botch their Region performance and get a 2) and also the most likely finals block. One of these heavyweight bands won't even make finals (which will be a shame since not a single one of these bands has competed in Area D over the past decade and not made finals), which means there also won't be any leeway for some of the other great bands that we sometimes get to see in finals (Pflugerville, Belton, Westwood, Judson etc.) this year.

With the bands in this area anyone could have a good performance and throw it all off.

Akins

Cedar Park

Connally

Georgetown

James Bowie

Leander

Ronald Reagan

Round Rock

Vista Ridge

Westlake

Winston Churchill

I would probably put New Braunfels in that potential finalist group too, but otherwise I agree. Every band that advances from this area is a legitimate state finals threat. I wouldn't even rule out the possibility of all Area D advancers making finals.

Ack!! I was going to try to make a prediction of who will move on to State, but it's just too hard! So many bubble bands... plus I've barely seen any shows.

It'll be very close to call. Keep in mind that the judges switch responsibilities between Prelims and Finals. When the programs are this good, a sub-par performance in Area Finals could be costly.

The sooner the videos, the worse the show is. It gives an idea of what the show is, but I would wait to post my bands last performance. It was scarrrryy! We just learned are last bit of drill this last week. Onward to cleaning!!! And visual learning, that is, if we have any to learn. "/