TEXAS HS FOOTBALL!!! 2008

crazyjakeup

yay fall is here!!! that means marching band, bagging fallen leaves, and FOOTBALL!!!

here is the associated Press 5a :wub: texas high school football preseason poll:

1. Euless Trinity

2. Plano

3. Katy

4. Southlake Carroll

5. Galena Park N. Shore

6. Odessa Permian

7. Abilene

8. Allen

9. Spring Westfield

10. Converse Judson

here are the 5a rankings for the D/FW area(dallas morning news):

1. Euless Trinity

2. Plano

3. Southlake Carroll

4. Arlington Bowie

5. Allen

6. Skyline

7. Cedar Hill

8. Gar. Naaman Forest

9. Hebron

10. DeSoto

11. FM Marcus

12. Colleyville Heritage

13. Plano East

14. Garland

15. Rowlett

16. Duncanville

17. Keller Fossil Ridge

18. Arlington 4-6

19. Irving MacArthur

20. Wylie

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duncanville's football team is going all the way out to Abilene to play Odessa Permian tonight, but the band isn't going since it is Zero Week and they would have to miss the 2nd half of school today and not get back until like 3-4 in the morning tomorrow and be too tired to handle school well the rest of the day.

The rankings i found in TEXAS HS FOOTBALL conflict a little with the ones posted earlier. D/FW area

5A TEAMS

Team Votes 1st-place votes

Trinity 100 10

Carroll 85

Arlington Bowie 77

Abilene 71

Colleyville Heritage 41

Hebron 37

Marcus 31

Summit 30

Fossil Ridge 21

Arlington 17

Edited by treyj

Our team lost last night, 14-20.

It was kind of the same way our first game last year went...

We scored off the bat, and then didn't score again until the last quarter.

However, there were some promising moments. I don't know half our varsity team, but there was this one guy who caught the ball a lot, and this one other guy who returned a kickoff for a good number of yards. Oh, and another guy who blocked people pretty well. :) So, yeah.

(I'm just hoping that our team does well so I can actually play at a playoff game for once in my life :D)

Edited by sweetmac_05

The rankings i found in TEXAS HS FOOTBALL conflict a little with the ones posted earlier. D/FW area

lol, yeah alot of people have their own rankings. i used the ones from the dallas morning news(they have been little more reliable in the past, but its hard to rank teams who havent played yet, the rankings become more and more similar toward the end of the season)... all of the rakings are unofficial of course...

We won!! Woot! All the LISD schools won this weekend! That's amazing considering we were playing 3 top teams.. Bowie, Westlake and Pflugerville. I went and saw Vista play Bowie Thursday night. Just to see the bands of course. That was interesting none the less.. :P Way to go Leander, CP and Vista!

Hah, Vista won?

Against Bowie....? lol

Yeah, their football team sucks but at least their band is there to compensate for their team. :P

Now for College Football...

North Texas was creamed