In section Dating

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't do it, cause like most High School relationships you'll break up then it would just be wierd and uncomfortable and hostile. Then you could become section leader and they won't listen to you worth crap, then that just makes you more angry and hostile. I would suggest seperate section dating, if yall' broke up, yeah you would still see them but you can control it.

Just my 2 cents.

:blink:

Dating within your section is like dating someone who you work with: It's great if you really like them, because you see each other a whole lot, but then if and when you break up, you're still seeing each other a whole lot. This makes life a little... difficult, especially if it was a hard break-up. So, in short, not recommended.

You're probably not mture enough to be doing that at the ripe old age if 16. Or however old you are

I don't think your age always correlates with maturity level. It just depends on the person, you see a lot of couples who had been dating since high school then they get married. Sometimes dating in high school isn't so pointless as people believe.

:blink:

A lot of sections in my school make rules in the beginning of the year saying you arent allowed to date somebody in the section during marchings season..Because your around these people for so long, and if you break up, its just not a good situation...You can take the risk and see if it works or play it safe and EVERYBODY is happy.

high brass sectionals are **** now after my recent split... we're in different sections but being in symphonic (the same period), her bein a french horn and me a trumpet, almost everything to do with band pits us together... not good timing when you break up the day before summer band starts 0_o... i mean we're still cool... but if you knew them previously well as a fellow band nerd it'll just be wierd after it like almost no matter what... and i wouldnt know... but there would prolly be a positive and negative side to being in the same section after a break up... 1.it'd be easier to get used to it quicker or 2. it'll be sucky with drama or etc...

ya... wow... im bored

Hmmmm....WEll I know two people that went out in my section. I wouldn't realy say it was wierd but I know there was a great deal of drama following the break up. And maybe the guy was a bit jack assish if you will...But they also became good friends in the end.

I have never dating in my section. I usually go for brass players!

I dated and well, still am dating, someone in the same section. For two years, and he graduated, and we never had any problems. Lots of people date people in the same section at my school...lets see...I can think of 6 different couples that got together and broke up in my section alone...No real problems, one couple just had problems themselves, but it didn't affect marching. At first we kinna concidered it incest and made fun of them for it, but, then it started happening alot and that stopped. :P

• 3 weeks later...