Area Predictions?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We (Sherman) have our Region 25 Contest tomarrow! We're not worried about not getting a 1st division rating, but our band is really looking forward to Area B on the 27th!There will be a lot of great Marching Finalists and Honor bands there! It'll be tough, but I think that we'll move on to state! :lol:

I'd place my money on Sherman advancing too. As far as Area B goes, I think Sherman, Aledo, and The Colony will definitely advance. Not necessarily in that order. The final one or two spots are, in my opinion, going to be a close call between Birdville, Centennial, Southwest, and Juan Seguin. I've also been hearing something about Boyd possibly working their way into the fight also. Four or five bands for one or two spots is crazy.

Centennial's got my vote, they are ready BUTTTTT since their closer is not yet on the field and at 180 a little nerveracking there. As for Boyd they are working like crazy, and they did extremely well getting 9th at Plano East which is phenomonal and with many Mckinney people upperclassmen will try to get the up there.

In this order Sherman, The Colony, Aledo, Centennial, Southwest. Alternate Boyd

Yeah I guess a little too optomistic. Last year at 3A area C we got a huge amount of regions like 7 , and two of them b/c no one got 1's were allowed to compete anyways which was definately a positive. And I thank you for the gesture but we are not yet ready with 80% of the band freshman and sophomore, we sometimes have mental mistakes effect us a little more than Mr. Miller would like, but then again he is tough on us and wants us to succeed and I think it showed this Saturday. You can talk to any of the people from last year, and we had no idea that we can already be at the level competing against you guys at Centennial in just our 2nd year. I believe we have 6 TOTAL SENIORSSSS!!!!! and 15 or so juniors(including me), so when the state competition comes around in 09(after I graduate :angry: ) we will be ready so watch out for us

I really thought that you guys (Boyd) Should have won that award that Allen High School got for showing best sportsmanship with the other bands. Since Sherman was sitting in the stands next to you guys I noticed that you guys would give almost all of the bands standing ovations and stuff like that!

yeah UIL is tomorrow, we're psyched for it!

actually I think Boyd is going to be the only 5A school in McKinney but don't quote me on that

thanks for the encouragement at Plano East, we tryed to get that award but I guess you can't beat the only band who can do a super slo-mo wave good for all of twenty minutes

yeah all of Mckinney is moving up next year, b/c they aren't dumb as Frisco and build schools after schools, and 2nd answer yeah some region are during the week and I'm pretty sure they are one of them. I for one am envious of them b/c they get to skip some school and more days to practice for area

I just about got angry at you for saying Frisco is dumb in any fashion, then I remembered "oh yeah, he goes to Wakeland, he can say that... because he's right." All is well. And wow, Boyd is going 5A... how many people are in your band program again (to anyone who is in Boyd)?