Best Rising Bands in the State

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree that Hebron has a little work to do, mostly I think in the music aspect of their shows. The tone is not quite there yet. There is much more to marching band than playing loud. With that many players on the field, you don't need to blast to have an impressive sound.

I agree. The years I was in Hebron, our visual/marching scores were usually what carried us. However, this year, the band director apparently revamped the rehearsal schedules to focus more heavily on the musical aspect of the show. I believe it paid off this year. During prelims of BOA SA, they got 1st in individual music scores. Honestly, I thought this year was the best they've sounded, ever. I think the scores attested to that, too.

But yea, they still have a looong way to go before they get that beautiful wholesome sound of Marcus. Then again, most of the bands in Texas have a long way to go before they sound that good.

I could see Mansfield Timberview rising in the 4A ranks in the near future. Though I have never seen their show, it is only their second year and their director seems to know what to do.

Actually, they're 5A.

but I agree 10000000000000000% percent with everything else on the post. lol.

Their show was quite worth the watch this year.

Has anyone mentioned the Woodlands College Park? Aren't they a very new school? What... three or four years old? They've made some very impressive showings at the BOA events this last year. I expect to see them making some commotion in the next couple years.

TWCP? Considering the way The Woodlands is starting to divide up the district...I wouldn't be surprised to see The Woodlands HS make a fall to the College Park...they're up and rising.

It's Hendrickson's time to shine, too. They're extremely underrated, in my opinion. Definitely one of my personal favorites.

Clear Brook is another that's on the rise...they should represent well at GN.

I've noticed Alvin HS has started to put a kick in their band. Give 'em time.

Hendrickson, hands down.

i honestly believe in the next few years, they'll win the championship.

awesome progress over there.

I totally agree. I think that at the rate they are going, they should at least medal next time around. I'd like to see them get back into the BOA circuit next season after they started off strong in 2005. I think they'll make some noise.

i spent my freshman year at Mansfield.

personally now that i look back, i see that we werent that good.

but i went back a week or 2 ago to go watch them at the UIL Region competition and they have gotten about 150% better in just 2 years, im hoping to see them rise to the top soon.

Edited by beachnutc2c

i really hope mansfield makes state too, but were in one of the toughest, if not THE toughest, area in the state. last year we had 5 advancing to state: LDBell, Marcus, Richland, Haltom, Hebron. Lets say next year they take 6 to state, that last spot would be a dogfight between Wylie, Newman Smith, Creekview, Allen, Plano East, Colleyville, Martin, and hopefully all 4 mansfield schools :o

and thats just to name a few.

ahh can't wait =)