Carrolton TOC

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to film creekviews show...

But my camera ran out of batteries... =[!!!! <_<

Awh man, that would'a been great. We got video from TOC but I don't think it'll get on YouTube... I'll ask though. Maybe next year what Smith should do is video all the schools, and stick them on YouTube or something in the days after, that would be great.

Awh man, that would'a been great. We got video from TOC but I don't think it'll get on YouTube... I'll ask though. Maybe next year what Smith should do is video all the schools, and stick them on YouTube or something in the days after, that would be great.

haha. i can actually try and do that next year.

its gonna be my last year at smith.

I have to ask this. lol Does it feel like ur a freakin magician when, at the end, you just give another beat with ur hands and the whole band goes into "limp puppet" stance?

lol.. no.. i don't feel like a magician, but it is extremely cool .. (and btw.. those of you who were at TOC didn't get to see the 4 to 5 pass through at the end of the fourth... it's sweet)

:ph34r: MAGICAL NINJA!! (hope you liked that) (colorguard soloist Sarah (who is currently sitting next to me in economics class when we're supposed to be working on our stock market game) made me put that)

Hey guys.

The title of the Wylie show is "Rhythmic Dances" and our shirts are modeled after DDR. :D

I can see where the show concept can get a little hazy so if you guys have any questions...throw them out there.

Anyways,

I'm way excited that you enjoyed our show. It's a fun one to perform. Thanks for all the comments and such.

And concerning Mr. Dixon...

Musical genius is quite accurate. He is an extremely intelligent and respectable man who we all admire. We are incredibly thankful that he decided to join our family.

Hey guys.

The title of the Wylie show is "Rhythmic Dances" and our shirts are modeled after DDR. :D

I can see where the show concept can get a little hazy so if you guys have any questions...throw them out there.

Anyways,

I'm way excited that you enjoyed our show. It's a fun one to perform. Thanks for all the comments and such.

And concerning Mr. Dixon...

Musical genius is quite accurate. He is an extremely intelligent and respectable man who we all admire. We are incredibly thankful that he decided to join our family.

Mr. Dixon is awesome he did our drill this year... :)

Pretty much it is just a mix of a lot of different dance styles and genres. Most of it is obviously focused in the guard portion...but it features DDR dance moves and a waltz section in the 3rd movement and a funk section in the 4th. We've added A LOT of stuff since Carrolton. 3rd and 4th movements are hardly recognizable to what they were last month. I believe we added close to ten visuals in the last 2 weeks alone.

It has really come a long way.

And yes. Dixon is quite the beast. He always knows the perfect thing to say to us at any given time. He is a younger Lipe.

And that's freakin sweet.